Showers

Since you retired, do you still take a shower (or bath) at least once a day?

• yes

Votes: 49 74.2%
  • no

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters
Curious question...

I'm in the shower several times a day, but only once to "clean myself"...  ::) ::)

It depends where I am and what I am doing.
Here in NYC during the winter because I no longer went to the gym, I didn't need it everyday. Unrelated to the topic, I also didn't need to drink as much water either. When I was in Thailand last November for a month, I took 2 to 4 showers a day and drank almost 2 liters of water a day as well.

here in south florida we break out into a sweat just going from the air conditioned house to the air conditioned car. just one shower a day? not even close. when i stop showering it means i'm afraid of water, a good sign of alzheimer's. so if you happen smell me please please please place a gun in my hand.

Martha said:
I am curious.  :)

Yes, well I aim to satisfy your curiosity, Martha.  I shower daily, also shave and trim my Van Dyke and nose hairs. Weekly I cut back the undergrowth on my chest where it comes over my tee shirt collar.

At least once a month, during a conjugal visit, I attempt to entice wifey into checking my back for any oddities.

Please let me know if I left out anything important.  :)

Ha

I said, yes. But about 12-16 weeks out of the year I'm on a camping/archaeology trip without facilities. When the weather's reasonable and we arent' backpacking, I take a camp shower set up, but it's not always possible. :)

During cold months I have definitely slid on this front compared to my full-time work days. So much else to do, that showering and dressing up isn't such a priority on days when I am just putzing around at home or with my sculptures. I'm rationalizing all this on the fuzzy recollection of some study saying that hair is better off being washed every other day than every day. :)

I still shower once daily - pretty much same as when working.

But now I take my shower at night instead of first thing in the morning.

Kind of a strange switch, but somehow it works out better for retired living. Something about going to sleep clean is so nice!

I guess when I was working, I was more focused on getting cleaned up and dressed for work than on my quality of sleep....

Audrey

I'm not retired yet but I put in vote for my dh. He gets up and showers every day, hates going without one which isn't a bad thing in my opinion lol. I'm sure I'll be the same way because of my workouts.

Not much of a choice. When I wake up my hair looks like it was attacked by boll weevils. Gotta get the shower in before Gabe wakes up, or he wants to get in with me...clothes and all.

I have the bed head problem too.

But in the dead of winter where the air is so dry, it seems like a daily shower is overkill and drys out the skin.

I have that winter problem to Martha, I go thru a bottle of lotion in a couple of weeks.

Hey, careful. Last time I mentioned using a lot of lotion I got a bad time from a bunch of the perverts around here ;)

Yep, I expect this shower thread to turn any time now.

Dont let me disappoint you.

SAVE WATER!

Showerhead.jpg

Speaking of which, I have maybe a half hour before Hurricane Gabe wakes up. Showa time!

Martha said:
I have the bed head problem too.
But in the dead of winter where the air is so dry, it seems like a daily shower is overkill and drys out the skin. 
Maybe the overkill part comes from using shampoo & soap!

I'll shower after exercise, surfing, & yardwork but otherwise all personal hygiene can be done around a sink.

But I come from a culture where a shower every 2-3 days is considered overkill.

Well my dad used to say take a bath once a week on Saturday, whether you need it or not. :)

No extra charge.

You dont know how long I spent standing on a phone book trying to look down into that picture...

My dermatologist buddy says he has treated for more skin problems caused by too much bathing rather than the not enough.

Just installed the Lowes top-of-the-line 50gal. programmable HW heater! (with a Tim Allen "Ar Ar Ar"). I love taking the ocassional "Hollywood". Hey, it takes time cleaning all the nooks and crannies.

So, ah Martha any pics?

Martha,
try asking the guys about shaving after ER -- I think the answers would be even more embarassing :-[

Back
Top Bottom