So what do you drive in retirement?

emi guy

Recycles dryer sheets
There's no denying that we seem to have a love affair with the automobile. So, what do you drive in early retirement?

I drive a 98 taurus DW drives a 04MB
For fun I drive my 73 chevelle SS 454 but not often.

I'm not yet retired, but I couldn't resist posting since I also have a Honda Pilot. I'm certainly planning to be driving it when I retire next year. I also have a 97 Miata, which was my most irresponsible purchase ever, but I really enjoy driving it on the mountain roads.

Multiple personality disorder here: a new Sequoia (so we have something to pull the RV and for the realtor-DW's clients) and an 06 Prius (55-60 mpg on my daily commute).

Had the obligatory Lexus once. Traded it in on the Prius. It gave me zero personal added value for the extra cost.

Me - 07 Toyota Camry, 93 Ford f-150 Hobby truck
DW - 00 Cadillac Deville, bought used, the first and last Caddy we will own

2soon

Me - 2006 Ford F350 4x4 diesel crewcab (for the dog's comfort)
DW- 2006 Ford Expedition 4x4

In June I replaced '89 Ford Festiva with '05 KIA Rio.

Semi retired but still driving my 2002 Nissan Altima. Trying to hold on to it for a few more years but the road to our house we're building is terrible so we will probably get some type of 4x4 SUV.

2006 Subaru Impreza. Next car (I hope) will be a hand-me-down Audi S-4.

Ha

There's no denying that we seem to have a love affair with the automobile. So, what do you drive in early retirement?

Just like I don't date much anymore, I don't drive much anymore. I bicycle
just about everywhere. When I need to drive, I rent one, or borrow my
housemate's (the same does not apply for relationships).

2006 Chevy HHR

I bought it used last Oct. to replace my 11 year old Mitsubishi Galant.

Absolutely LOVE it!!!:smitten:

Attachments

• hhr little.jpg
    hhr little.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 5
Just like I don't date much anymore, I don't drive much anymore. I bicycle
just about everywhere. When I need to drive, I rent one, or borrow my
housemate's (the same does not apply for relationships).

Hey, you could be missing a step here. Maybe some kind of overnight repo arrangement?

Ha

Wow! Wish I could cycle everywhere like CyclingInvestor. My hips would be a whole lot smaller, I'll bet.
Anyway, drive a 2002 Camry Solara with only 53,000 miles on it. Bought it new, too.
However, am champing at the bit to buy a new Prius in the not too distant future. Love the look and love the gas mileage it gets.

95 BMW 318ic Cabriolet 5-spd
93 Ford Explorer
Both with about 70k miles on the clock. We walk, bike and take transit a lot.

brandy new mustang gt vertible white with black top, tan interior and chrome wheels. my next mode of transport is going to be an elephant in thailand. keeping it fun.

Back
Top Bottom