Started the ball rolling

GalaxyBoy

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, I gave verbal "notice of intent" to leave in the first quarter of next year. I want to see a large project through to the end, and it's been delayed a bit.

What a relief! While it's not yet common knowledge I'm glad I don't have to play my cards so close to my chest, at least with my immediate supervisor (and friend).

Wouldn't have happened without the support and knowledge gained from this forum. Thanks to all!

Yippeeee!! :dance:

Did you contemplate waiting to give unofficial/official notice until after bonus season (it may not be a consideration)?

Just curious, because my thought is that telling them before bonuses are locked in stone might impact the bonus.....

Either way, big GRATZ!!

Congrats. It's really nice to work for/with those who you feel obligated to give a heads-up about ER. Many Megacorps are so impersonal that they wouldn't know if you showed up or not.

Though I've gotten along well with all my bosses and really liked a few, I had no qualms about bowing out more-or-less on the spot when I heard my assignment was about to change. Technically, I gave standard notice, but then took my remaining vacation (with privileges of my boss calling me as needed.) Megacorp could have cared less, but I found folks up my line of management DID care and came to see me off with best wishes. It was kind of unexpected and very nice. YMMF

Back
Top Bottom