Terrible Golfer After 16 Years - Should I give up

swing fluid is critical to my game, of course there is a serious diminishing marginal utility :eek:

but seriously, yes just practice chipping and putting. neither of those strokes require a full shoulder turn and have minimal arm movement

if you can get up and down, or up and up and down every time you miss a green you will break 100 fairly easily, sans penalty strokes

Good tempo is critical for most. I always think 'slow take away' to get me started. Some people are fast walkers, fast talkers and their golf swing matches their personality.....speedy back swing. It works for some, but I still believe a slower take away will promote good tempo which is better for most. That's what I recommend for zman and work on the short game as you suggest.

oops sorry I thought this was teh gof talk thread

A really good book for learning the proper turn and weight shift sequence is "The Keys to the Effortless Golf Swing: Curing Your Hit Impulse in Seven Simple Lessons: Michael McTeique". He starts out with drills you can do at home without a golf club to get the proper sequence ingrained. Simple to understand and effective.

I have not read thru this entire thread to see if this has been mentioned, but you might want to consider trying the Moe Norman type swing mechanics which may make it easier for you to achieve solid ball striking:

I think there is only one pro that uses a single-plane swing - that guy with the french last name?

Back
Top Bottom