anyone pick up golf after avoiding it for years?

Never played Golf, but have been to a driving range a few times...
Now I did play a game they called Hula-Bocci-Golf. Hula hoop, club, and a plastic practice golf ball.... Oh and a mason jar of Moonshine.
Someone throws or rolls the hoop, then take turns with the object of getting your ball inside the hoop. Once someone gets to the hoop, every missed shot after that was a sip on the jar. It gets real fun by the 2nd jar.

Never played Golf, but have been to a driving range a few times...
Now I did play a game they called Hula-Bocci-Golf. Hula hoop, club, and a plastic practice golf ball.... Oh and a mason jar of Moonshine.
Someone throws or rolls the hoop, then take turns with the object of getting your ball inside the hoop. Once someone gets to the hoop, every missed shot after that was a sip on the jar. It gets real fun by the 2nd jar.

now that sounds like fun!!

I started again, against my better judgement.

I was on my high school golf team so I know how to play golf.
I had also golfed for years afterwards. I was good but, not great.

Anyway, I got tired of the old man "get off my lawn" culture with golf and stopped for a few decades. A few years ago I started getting back into it, mostly to play with my sons. M

Most folks I see are great and fun to play with. I still deal with the cranky entitled ones who critique what I am wearing as I golf. I am pretty much done with it.

Back
Top Bottom