Thanks to you all

Dd852

Full time employment: Posting here.
I'm just reflecting again how grateful I am that this community exists and that the discussions are almost always civil, interesting and informative. There are few people in real life I can discuss these issues with - envy and jealousy quickly creep in - so it is a real pleasure to have like-minded people posting on line. Thanks. And may 2017 be healthy, happy and on track for whatever goals you have.

I've been here almost 10 years and learn something new here almost daily. And may you have a great 2017 as well!

I'm just reflecting again how grateful I am that this community exists and that the discussions are almost always civil, interesting and informative. There are few people in real life I can discuss these issues with - envy and jealousy quickly creep in - so it is a real pleasure to have like-minded people posting on line. Thanks. And may 2017 be healthy, happy and on track for whatever goals you have.
+1

I agree - this community is great and I value what I learn here. Thank you all!!!

Lots of wisdom here. I'm grateful for this community too.

Echoing the above. Since I discovered this forum about a year ago, I check in almost every day. And every time I do, I learn something useful. I've already learned enough to wind my retirement date a lot closer than I had expected.

Assuming that I don't expire prematurely, I will punch out of the sweatshop at 62 instead of 65. It's mind-boggling that all you smart and well-mannered people will have given me three extra years of life. That is a gift beyond price.

Me also. I have learned so much just from reading here. Thank you to everyone. I appreciate all the collective wisdom so much.

I love this forum. I think the members here are an unusually intelligent, insightful, and aware group, and come up with some fascinating topics for discussion. Thanks to all for everything you have taught me over all these years. And I hope we all have a fabulous 2017!!

Last edited:
I found this forum about a month before pulling the trigger. My regret is I didn't find it a few years earlier.

Learned so much from all the posters. Thanks for putting up with my somewhat odd sense of reality.

I really appreciate the mods and the rules. This place was a safe haven during the election. A social media site where nobody got upset! Thank you!

Best wishes for the new year.

Love this forum and check it every day. Smart and witty people here. I too learn something each time I'm on the site.

+1

I've posted several times how the information on this forum has helped change my life for the better.

Special thanks to the Moderators who keep things non-political (can you imagine what a mess this place could become?!), on-topic and focused.

Truly a special gift!

I too have learned so very much from all the great folks on this site.
I shutter to think how many major mistakes I'd have made during Our quest for FI without the wisdom here.
The level and variety of knowledge is impressive.

The level and variety of knowledge is impressive.

...and unlike so many other sites on the internet, this one quickly self-corrects any misinformation.

I think the members here are an unusually intelligent, insightful, and aware group, and come up with some fascinating topics for discussion.
Even though I don't fit into any of the above categories, I'm certainly glad to have found this site.

Merry Christmas all!

Part of my daily habit too! Cup of coffee just tastes better while reading this forum... cheers!

I also value the collective wisdom of this forum and am grateful for it. I continue to learn things that make my life better, and appreciate the moderators for how they manage this site.

I love this forum. I think the members here are an unusually intelligent, insightful, and aware group, and come up with some fascinating topics for discussion. Thanks to all for everything you have taught me over all these years. And I hope we all have a fabulous 2017!!
I have nothing more to add that hasn't already been said.

Thanks to everyone!

And doggone it, people like us!

I will add in the level of knowledge and the willingness to help and offer advice is a great aspect of this forum. I always learn something, occasionally try to offer help when I can. Glad i found this forum. Happy holiday wishes and looking forward to a successful new year 2017 to all.

It is a great meeting place with lots of interesting participants. Thanks to all and have a great 2017.

I agree with all that was said above. I love checking into this site. Thank you to all. Merry Christmas and here is to a good 2017!

+1 it is part if my morning routine:

Make Coffee
Feed pooches
Read local paper on line
Do One session on Duolingo to further my foreign language expertise
Check into ER.Org to see what's new

Happy Holidays All !!!

Last edited:
Thanks to the admins for keeping this forum civil! Its an (almost) thankless task.

This forum has been a great resource to me over the past 10 years. I check in several times a week and have used the forum as a sanity check to all the craziness out there. I appreciate all the great ideas, advice, input and general comments as well as the work of the admins. Merry Christmas to all and best wishes for the coming year!

Back
Top Bottom