The Garage

And even a new Kubota to top it off. That is one nice arrangement ya'll have there. I'm full of envy!

Hillbilly

Ah, I will admit to having garage envy, but not tractor envy...

What would I do with a tractor? Farming?

PS. When we built a detached garage for our 2nd home, thought about paying extra to have a loft above it, but ended up not doing it.

Last edited:
My first thought: Needs a second exit from the loft. Maybe a "fireman" pole (lots of fun for the grandkids if you got 'em.) Could double as a stripper pole as well in case of a stag party.:D

Way cool, Purron. You are a great wife to let DH have such a fine toy house! Hope he appreciates it and keeps the driveway clear of snow with his spiffy new tractor.

That is a really pretty structure, Purron (or "handsome" for the mancave dweller :)). It looks so well built, too. I hope Mr. Purron will let you enjoy it occasionally too!

Purron,

Let me say that's a nice Man Cave!

Now, onto the meat of my subject. A tractor opens up a whole new realm in your lives. You will soon see. Has your hubby been looking at implements? Cultivators, bush hogs and such? Well...you need those things to do greater things. Planting a garden, for instance. Yes I too, am a tractor man. And I am also here to help you all spend money...

Here's a good start for Hubby to watch...

Attachments

• IMG_1369.jpg
    IMG_1369.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 2
...(snip)...
One more thing...here's a pic of our tiny house with the new garage in the background. We live in an area dominated by McMansions. Our place is that little old funky house that doesn't quite fit in.
That last picture showed how the 2 structures nicely fit together. You could always add some shrubbery to the front to soften edges if that is an issue.

That is so nice. I remember the pictures of the inside of your tiny house and I remember loving it. I would take your setup with the smaller house and detached garage over a McMansion any day.

My first thought: Needs a second exit from the loft. Maybe a "fireman" pole (lots of fun for the grandkids if you got 'em.) Could double as a stripper pole as well in case of a stag party.:D

Way cool, Purron. You are a great wife to let DH have such a fine toy house! Hope he appreciates it and keeps the driveway clear of snow with his spiffy new tractor.

Thanks for referring to me as a great wife. However, there's a deal between DH and I. All his stuff goes into the garage and I have the say so over the little house. We're cool with the arrangement. Oh, he's already installed a kick a$$ music system in the garage. Barn parties in our furture for sure:)

Purron,

Let me say that's a nice Man Cave!

Now, onto the meat of my subject. A tractor opens up a whole new realm in your lives. You will soon see. Has your hubby been looking at implements? Cultivators, bush hogs and such? Well...you need those things to do greater things. Planting a garden, for instance. Yes I too, am a tractor man. And I am also here to help you all spend money...

Here's a good start for Hubby to watch...

Oh yeah redbugdave. Cool stuff for sure. A tractor's a bit like a Barbie doll. First you buy Barbie they all the other stuff;) Our tractor dealer has some good deals on renting things. Seems to make sense for things you'll only use once or twice or even once a year. Plus we have a buddy who has some things we can borrow like a cultivator. We're holding off on buying extra stuff until we do the final move in (a couple of months at the most) then see where the wind blows us.

I am looking at a home with a 2400 SF insulated and air conditioned shop building. I want it sooooo bad. In Texas this would give me an extra six months of shop usage.

Wow! That's cool!

Purron, thanks for the reminder about building a garage. DW and I are interested in something to protect our travel trailer. Right now we store it off-site. I checked the web site for Amish builders you mentioned in the other thread. Good Stuff.

Regarding the Gretchen Wilson song and video - I had not seen the video till now - are you going to get the camouflage bra? Does DH have plenty of camouflage undergarments? It's tough to keep the redneck image without the appropriate attire.

Small house big garage is a great concept.

What can you do with a tractor? I'm interested that you only have one tractor- I've found that at a minimum, you need a tractor with a backhoe and a skid steer for most any project- can't imagine planting daffodils without the backhoe. Brings a new dimension to gardening when you have to be able drive in a tractor if there is ever a chance you'll want another hole dug?

At our last house, our neighbors had a great laugh when we put in a row of plants along our driveway. I used a the backhoe to dig a long trench for the plants, then pushed the dirt back in. Before we moved, my little tractor did a lot of chores in the neighborhood.

Nice garage!

Regarding the Gretchen Wilson song and video - I had not seen the video till now - are you going to get the camouflage bra? Does DH have plenty of camouflage undergarments? It's tough to keep the redneck image without the appropriate attire.

We want pictures! We want pictures!

In the words of the great Steven Tyler, "Dream On" ;)

And the smaller the house, the less expense and bother.

And the smaller the house, the less likely it is for friends and relatives to stay too long or even think about moving in.

BTW, loving your new kitten avatar:D

Last edited:
What can you do with a tractor? I'm interested that you only have one tractor- I've found that at a minimum, you need a tractor with a backhoe and a skid steer for most any project- can't imagine planting daffodils without the backhoe. Brings a new dimension to gardening when you have to be able drive in a tractor if there is ever a chance you'll want another hole dug?

At our last house, our neighbors had a great laugh when we put in a row of plants along our driveway. I used a the backhoe to dig a long trench for the plants, then pushed the dirt back in. Before we moved, my little tractor did a lot of chores in the neighborhood.

Nice garage!

Thanks. I hope you'll understand, but I'm resisting showing your message to DH. I'm afraid he'd agree with you that we need more than one tractor.

I'm sure, like you, DH will do lots of chores in the neighborhood. He's the kind of guy to likes to help people. One of the many reasons I adore him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom