The Garage

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Jup. It's an official "man cave". DH is thrilled. The garage plus his new Kubota tractor has put pure joy in his heart. He's the happiest retiree I know. He deserves it.

Attachments

• P1010242.JPG
    P1010242.JPG
    449 KB · Views: 39
  • a1010214.JPG
    a1010214.JPG
    411.2 KB · Views: 23
  • a1010215.JPG
    a1010215.JPG
    439.9 KB · Views: 18
  • a1010221.JPG
    a1010221.JPG
    436.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Nice garage, Purron! And so big and spacious. Just perfect. I know he will enjoy having the tractor and his new man cave, too. :)

Oh, that is lovely! What does he have planned for the upstairs?

And is this on the property with the smaller house that you moved back to (if I am remembering your story correctly)?

Have you sold the other home? Update us please.

Nice garage. And it even comes with a house! How cool is that?

Nice garage. Plenty of windows too!

Hey....hearing from you and pics. You made my day. :flowers:

I can just see Mr. Purron now -----> :dance:

Oh, he's happy now. Wait until your mom moves into that loft.

Seriously, that's a great setup. Congrats to you both.

Cool-- I like the way you made the doors install themselves from the earlier photos! We should have had you on site with your camera for our familyroom renovation...

Oh, that is lovely! What does he have planned for the upstairs?
Oh, he's happy now. Wait until your mom moves into that loft.
Every man cave needs a doghouse.

With a wet bar and a keggerator...

That looks too nice to be a garage. It would make a nice house for some people, even with nothing in it. Wish it was mine.

Fabulous place!
Now the fun begins -- personalizing the interior.

That looks sooooo wonderful! My eyes teared up and my lower lip quivered just looking at the pic. I want one sooooo badly!

Nice little BX....he will have fun with that.

I could so live there as our only house. A nice wood stove in the center of the upstairs, and lots of boat-like storage and space-saving ideas.

Purron, Why did you have to go and post that. Now I am going to feel deprived in my ER not having a setup like that:facepalm:.

If it was mine, I'd be building a Cobra kit car downstairs and have my woodworking shop upstairs. Nevertheless, very cool and I hope your DH enjoys:)

Something about that big, empty space. It holds endless potential and possibilities. It's more attractive and exciting than any fancy mahogany-paneled room from an Architectural Digest photo shoot.

DH served as the project manager and lined up all the companies to do the work plus took care of the permits. Some of you may recall we had received quotes from $75,000 to $110,000 to build the garage.

He brought the entire project in for about $50,000 - including the building, foundation, grading and electrical work. There were extra costs due to the soil (expansive clay) requiring an extra heavy duty foundation and an evaluation by an geotech. The permit process in our area is very ardous, so we had to pay $1,000 for sealed architectural drawings.

The garage was built in a factory in Lancaster, PA and trucked in. It cost $30,000 including lots of extras like garage door openers and lighting. A roofer plus three Amish workers had it completed in two days. Hardest working guys we've ever seen.

Here are some pictures of the structure being delivered. We couldn't believe they maneuvered it down our narrow road and into our driveway.

DH plans to have a workshop for various projects plus a ham radio set up. It's a big space - 24' x 28'. Funny thing is, it makes our very small house look even smaller. DH's brother joked that we're rednecks now since the garage looks bigger than the house. Because of this, I've decided this is now my official song ;-)

Attachments

• P1010211.JPG
    P1010211.JPG
    442.6 KB · Views: 4
  • P1010213.JPG
    P1010213.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 2
  • P1010225.JPG
    P1010225.JPG
    458 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010229.JPG
    P1010229.JPG
    431.3 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010215.JPG
    P1010215.JPG
    451.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Nice!

How much more to make it a bit taller to park a motorhome, I wonder.

Oh, I would also need a quote for delivery to a lot that I would be buying in the Puget Sound.

And yes, no need for a house next to this garage either.

That's really nice Purron. Looks like a pretty area you're in too. Congrats. :flowers:

I'd bet a lot of cats would fit in that loft. :LOL:

I'd bet a lot of cats would fit in that loft. :LOL:

Oh yeah they would. However, the deal is the garage is for DH. We're still fostering homeless kitties, but only a few at a time. That's our comfort zone. Help the little ones out while keeping some balance.

One thing many of you may appreciate. The day after the final inspection was done the tax assessor turned up to review the property value for next year's tax bill. Just a couple days before Christmas. Don't you just love it?

One more thing...here's a pic of our tiny house with the new garage in the background. We live in an area dominated by McMansions. Our place is that little old funky house that doesn't quite fit in.

Attachments

• a1010211.JPG
    a1010211.JPG
    456.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Looks like a wonderful new garage. I hope your DH enjoys lots of man cave time in there.

Back
Top Bottom