The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he is a juvenile. Explains why he still has some feathers. If he is like me, he’ll most likely go at least partially bald at some point.

Juvenile bald eagle circling above me on today’s hike
That is a great photo!!
I have been checking up on a pair of Goldens working on a nest. I have tried a few times to get some photos and footage of them up close but can't get it done yet. There is an old downed tree and brushy spot about 50 yards from the nest in an old dead tree. As soon as I get in there hidden they will not come back to nest. This is not good for I don't want to jeopardize there life in any way. In late March I suspect they will have eggs laid then maybe I can get some footage. I also have a camera setup on some Bald but haven't yet to get any pictures of them up close and personal.

Come on Street work harder ;-))))

Added some links on the eagle nest thread, we got some baby's!

I'm no photographer, but I used a marina webcam to take this picture. Long ago I posted it on a photo group and there was some question of whether I photoshopped it, I didn't, wouldn't know how.

Attachments

• marina pic.jpg
    marina pic.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 55
^ that is a beautiful picture. It is amazing how good these cam pictures can take. The one I posted above is not photo shopped either but seem to just capture great setting.

^ that is a beautiful picture. It is amazing how good these cam pictures can take. The one I posted above is not photo shopped either but seem to just capture great setting.

Unfortunately that webcam was damaged by Hurricane Michael and the city has not fixed it. The marina was severely damaged, all the damaged boats were removed, but there have been no attempts at repair of the marina.

^ interesting and to bad something so beautiful, wouldn't be made usable again.

Took a short walk at the ranch and found a surprise. I find around 50 each year and take a photo of each one. I enjoy the beautiful scenery and hikes each spring.

Attachments

• IMG_3965 (2).jpg
    IMG_3965 (2).jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 39
A couple picture from a walk I took at the ranch today.

Attachments

• IMG_3999 (2).jpg
    IMG_3999 (2).jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3987 (2).jpg
    IMG_3987 (2).jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 37
I put a lot of miles on hiking and looking for them. I do it for the exercise and being able to be in the outdoors is my main goal but if I find one it just is a plus for me.
I make a day out of it and have lunch in the outdoors some place on my journey which is fun to find that perfect spot for a nice rest and to take in the scenery.

Spring is coming! Macro setting using Sony A6000 and 16-50 wide angle lens

-Rita

Attachments

• DSC00577.jpg
    DSC00577.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 60
While the world watched the markets tumble and others raided stores for survival supplies, I did some more 4K video testing with the Lumix G9 and Canon EF 70-200mm L and Sigma 18-35mm F/1.8 lenses. I got some incredibly sharp footage with these two lenses using a Viltrox EFM2 adapter. The 4K video from the Lumix G9 is much better than the video from my Lumix G7 (which was already pretty good).

Retrieved the wild life camera from the woods and sorted through the 536 pics it took in a few weeks (488 of them squirrels!). Lots of coyote pictures (it's mating season) but only the second time I caught one in daylight. I can tell by the shadows that it is early morning. Camera was less than 100 ft from our house.

Attachments

• IMG_0225_cropped.JPG
    IMG_0225_cropped.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0227_cropped.JPG
    IMG_0227_cropped.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 32
California Poppies

People come from all around to see the fields of California poppies in the spring. Well, last year I bought a flat of 6 plants and put them in a planter in front of the house. I discovered that each flower produces dozens of seeds, which is why there are beautiful fields of them.
Well, the same thing happened here. Out of all the flowers, only one is from a plant in the planter. The rest are from seeds from the first plants. In a few years, I will probably have a whole field of them.:)

Attachments

• IMG_7006.jpg
    IMG_7006.jpg
    993.7 KB · Views: 37
I took a walk at the ranch a few days ago and found this old wagon. I was amazed I have not seen it before. I will take more pictures when I get back in that area again.

Attachments

• IMG_4040 (2).jpg
    IMG_4040 (2).jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Neat shot, Street. Looks like an old buckboard. Definitely worth inspection and more photos. :)

Oh my, I have not visited this page in a while. What beautiful photos everyone!

Took another hike and got a picture, "as they lay" photo. It is always very exciting to me, to be the first human to touch, pickup and photo something so magical in nature.

Attachments

• IMG_4083 (2).jpg
    IMG_4083 (2).jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 32
Street, if you wouldn't mind, where about were these taken? Beautiful country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom