The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a beautiful picture. Thanks
I always love the scenery when the cedars are heavy with a frost. It is a beautiful site.

Landscapes....

48020867446_a3a6881c44_k.jpg
48970431031_e09189d15e_k.jpg

I always wanted to be a rock or ice climber. But it took photoshop to boost me up the ice fall a bit. Taken on this morning's hike at Starved Rock State Park, Utica, Illinois.

Attachments

• ice climbing starved rock 2.jpg
    ice climbing starved rock 2.jpg
    987.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Our nearly 13 year old Border Collie Cabot in the barn at the lake. He and his mutt/rescue sister logged 485 miles hiking with me in 2019. Our goal was 500 miles, but early winter snow slowed us down.

View full size, nice detail. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone camera.

80856568_10219407192357746_67946507176771584_o.jpg

Last edited:
Can't see the file attachment. It may be too large to upload.
If you are referring to doneat54's post, I can see both large and small versions.

Excellent photo BTW. Incredibly sharp, great detail. (Not to mention the emotional impact. <grin>)

Last edited:
This is an experimental time lapse I just completed yesterday. I blended a time lapse with slow motion video shot with the same settings. You can get some pretty nice effects. It was shot near our condo around Palm Beach Florida. The camera is a Lumix G9 with a Sigma 18-35mm F/1.8 and Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 lens. The Lumix G9 doesn't crop 4K video so it makes shooting this type of video easier. It also can shoot 4K at 60 FPS or 1080P up to 180 FPS.

This is an experimental time lapse I just completed yesterday. I blended a time lapse with slow motion video shot with the same settings. You can get some pretty nice effects. It was shot near our condo around Palm Beach Florida. The camera is a Lumix G9 with a Sigma 18-35mm F/1.8 and Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 lens. The Lumix G9 doesn't crop 4K video so it makes shooting this type of video easier. It also can shoot 4K at 60 FPS or 1080P up to 180 FPS.

Blended in-camera and came out that way or in post processing?

Sunrise at Acadia NP last October, and a B&W to go with Ronstar's.

Attachments

• IMG_5621fb.jpg
    IMG_5621fb.jpg
    961 KB · Views: 30
  • NIK_1880BW.jpg
    NIK_1880BW.jpg
    736.7 KB · Views: 30
The last photo from our recent trip to Utah. Taken on the road leaving Moab heading home.

Attachments

• IMG_2358-Edit-2 Rt. 128 to Arches Nat. Park, Utah.jpg
    IMG_2358-Edit-2 Rt. 128 to Arches Nat. Park, Utah.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 28
Blended in-camera and came out that way or in post processing?

"Blended in camera"? -- I wish my camera could do that. The steps involved were:

1- Compose the shot (with correct exposure)
2- Shoot a short video clip at 4K 60P
3- Shoot the time lapse (enough shots to cover the soundtrack segment at 30 FPS)
4- Shoot another short video clip at 4K 60P (the lighting and color changes rapidly during sunrise and sunset)
5- Render the time lapse in-camera to 4K 30P
6- Using Vegas pro, blend the time lapse clip with the best matching video clip and adjust the brightness and contrast of video clip to match the time lapse as required. Blending involves masking and feathering the video clip onto the time lapse clip. For the sunrises, I used a 2.5 stop hard edge graduated ND filter to balance the exposure.

The reason I tried this was that time lapse of ocean sunrises and sunsets always looked odd with waves crashing the shore rapidly (plus nobody else that I know of was doing this). Blending solved the problem. Then I explored what else I could do to blend slow motion with time lapse in an urban setting.

We are headed to Switzerland in May for 2 months. I will use this technique on some clips of a video I am currently planning - a 60 second Epic tour of Switzerland. I have the soundtrack already generated and I am working on the storyboard and planning the shooting locations. I estimate that it will take about 6 weeks to shoot the 40 clips I need for the 60 second video.

Who says retirement is boring?

If you are referring to doneat54's post, I can see both large and small versions.

Excellent photo BTW. Incredibly sharp, great detail. (Not to mention the emotional impact. <grin>)
Using Firefox, the post shows a broken link.

Awesome! I like the way that the clouds are moving fast with slow moving birds. Very creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom