Things to Do Before You Die

Good luck with that, Ha ;)

On my list:
Learn some more hula hooping tricks so I can be that cool girl at the music festivals.
Finish my undergraduate degree
Restore an old convertible car
Throw awesome parties that people look forward to all year
Forget what day it is, just once

There are so many choices here, which is why I would rather be immortal. But if I must choose, here are some that come to mind:

(1) Sleep in.

(2) Get a dark tan, though I don't know how with my fair Scottish skin.

(3) Read more of Shakespeare's sonnets.

Oh, and if I find out I'm terminally ill, forget the bacon - - I'm going for large quantities of the highest quality chocolates.:smitten:

1- Learn to dive ( I'm a good swimmer but a lousy diver )
2- visit all the states
3-go on another once in a lifetime trips
4- do something completely out of character

A couple of things I would love to do....meet Stephen King and eat pizza in Italy.

A couple of things I would love to do....meet Stephen King and eat pizza in Italy.

About a month ago their was a book discussion advertised and it mentioned Stephen King . I looked into it but it was not a Stephen King book so I dismissed it . He was there at the book discussion promoting another author . I was so upset with myself because I'm also a Stephen King fan . He does live locally so maybe I'll get another chance ?

He was there at the book discussion promoting another author . I was so upset with myself because I'm also a Stephen King fan . He does live locally so maybe I'll get another chance ?
Ah Moe, that's a shame. Perhaps you will get another chance to meet him.

I would be so excited to meet him if only for a moment, but the ultimate would be sitting with him on his porch and discussing his ideas. His novels inspire my hobby of writing short stories.

He is the only author that stirs every emotion in me and completely takes me away.

Ah Moe, that's a shame. Perhaps you will get another chance to meet him.

I would be so excited to meet him if only for a moment, but the ultimate would be sitting with him on his porch and discussing his ideas. His novels inspire my hobby of writing short stories.

He is the only author that stirs every emotion in me and completely takes me away.

Knowing where he lives I'm sure his porch has a great view of the gulf !

Weaning myself from this board.

I haven't forgot your PM - I'm trying to translate into words - make a roux til it's the right color brown and do the seasoning/simmering on the chicken stock til it tastes rite!

Two things I miss more than I get rite - even though I watch the cook!

Which brings me to the fact I don't have any barnburners left on my list - except a fond wish the Saint's make the Superbowl before I croak.

That does not mean I won't hesitate to get out and 'do' should an idea/urge pop up.

heh heh heh - nope no kayak - yet! :cool:

My list just seems to consist of more places to travel to and more (different) modes of travel to get there. It's endless.

Audrey

P.S. Hmmmm - maybe I do want a kayak! I haven't been willing to haul one around with our motorhome ensemble, but every time I see someone else with one I look wistfully on.

P.S. Hmmmm - maybe I do want a kayak! I haven't been willing to haul one around with our motorhome ensemble, but every time I see someone else with one I look wistfully on.

That's why we bought inflatables--the Stearns model has been great for us, and it deflates into an easily stored tote. We have one that was our second "car" on the sailboat in 2003 that is still in fine shape, plus we bought a newer one of the same model a while ago. They are awesome, not as fast as a hard shell kayak, but for the ease of transport can't be beat!

I have one of these

kayak

Tough little thing. Doesnt track as well as a hard kayak and it maintains no momentum at all. Also is a lot more influenced by the wind.

But I can huck it in the back of the SUV on top of a bunch of beach chairs, coolers and toys, blow it up in 4-5 minutes with a volume inflator and restow it in a couple of minutes after pulling the plugs.

That's why we bought inflatables--the Stearns model has been great for us, and it deflates into an easily stored tote. We have one that was our second "car" on the sailboat in 2003 that is still in fine shape, plus we bought a newer one of the same model a while ago. They are awesome, not as fast as a hard shell kayak, but for the ease of transport can't be beat!
Hey thanks for the tip!

Audrey

&
...I was so upset with myself because I'm also a Stephen King fan . He does live locally so maybe I'll get another chance ?

here's the overview of his house on casey key - Google Maps

but beware. if you get too excited we're gonna havta sick thefed on you to defend king's honor.

why not simply write him a letter and invite him to lunch? oh, you probably won't want to mention that you've just been leering at his, um, property.

here's the overview of his house on casey key - Google Maps
why not simply write him a letter and invite him to lunch? oh, you probably won't want to mention that you've just been leering at his, um, property.
Too cool Lazy! :D
If I told him that I had been leering at his, um, property....it would probably scare him to death. He knows too well about the number one fan.....>:D

Remember what day it is, just once.

1. Ride a motorcycle at 120 mph - did that.
2. Learn to fly an airplane - did that.
3. Survive 29 years of law enforcement with limbs and mind (more or less) intact - did that.
4. Learn how to relax - still working on that.

This may sound corny but I have a great wife, kids, and grand kids, we live in our dream house, we have traveled the world. I don't feel there is anything I 'have' to do, yet it is great to get up each day and just do the things we want to do and not do the things we don't.

This may sound corny but I have a great wife, kids, and grand kids, we live in our dream house, we have traveled the world. I don't feel there is anything I 'have' to do, yet it is great to get up each day and just do the things we want to do and not do the things we don't.
What he said...;)

Back
Top Bottom