Thinking of relocating?

Doesn't Orchid Flower hang out there a ton? I have seen her reference City-Data at least a half dozen times

Hmmmm neat website....thanks. :flowers: Ya never know...I might get tired of the fire ants, tornados, hailstorms, drought...etc...:D

Funny where the internet leads you sometimes. I was doing a search on some troubling thoughts about my mothers reverse mortgage and ended up on the city-data site.

I have found this site to be a wealth of information - the area I'm researching (San Antonio) has a very active forum, so it's a lot of fun to follow.

Great site, I read & post there too. Great source of data to research cities of course.

Thanks, I had read parts of that post earlier. We have a vacation condo in Phoenix, and have learned the black-light trick. Whenever we get there, my kids won't even go upstairs until I have checked it out thoroughly! Until I read it on the city-data forum, I had no idea that they were in SA also - that just thrills me no end!

While looking for my new home in the future, yes, I've done alot of time on City-Data. A wealth of information can be had from the natives in the different cities.
I've gotten a gob of information on some of their other boards, too, and have been more than pleasantly surprised at how kind some of the folks are there. I've had more than one send me a personal note on some issue (particularly, the Fashion/Beauty board, cause those gals are really into it).
If you scroll way past the States, you will find boards for all kinds of issues from religion to fashion to retirement to travel to politics. There's pretty much something for everyone there.
The only negative I find on that board is that many of the members on C-D States' boards (i.e., Virginia, New Mexico, Arizona, Illinois, etc.) are pretty young/immature, but, of course, there are always a few of us older folks on any board, also, just fewer of us is all. But, all in all, it's a great source of information. And I'm constantly surprised at how many "friendships" are formed over there between folks...much like some of our members here have.

That is a neat website. I found it interesting to hear what people had to say about my home state of MS. Some gave a thumbs down as you might expect, but some who moved here from various parts of the country were very complimentary. I'm sure you will find positives and negatives on every state when scanning the website though. I enjoyed all the pics as well.

I have found this site to be a wealth of information - the area I'm researching (San Antonio) has a very active forum, so it's a lot of fun to follow.

There is a housing development in SA that was specifically created for lost Californians. The developer has done a great job to create landslides just like CA! No need to pine for the old sliding hillsides of home!

Heard on the news tonight... developer says "our retaining walls are not to blame... it's the soil moving". :LOL:
No mention by the developer that they stacked the soil up behind the 40 foot or so retaining wall that they created...

There is a housing development in SA that was specifically created for lost Californians. The developer has done a great job to create landslides just like CA! No need to pine for the old sliding hillsides of home!

Heard on the news tonight... developer says "our retaining walls are not to blame... it's the soil moving". :LOL:
No mention by the developer that they stacked the soil up behind the 40 foot or so retaining wall that they created...

Hah - you just about made me lose my margarita, laughing at this! Thanks a lot!

I enjoyed poking through the city-data forum for my area(Pittsburgh, PA suburbs) and also other areas where I have lived and have considered living. Interesting to read what people think about this 'n that. I grew up in the Pittsburgh area but moved away for college and all through in my twenties and thirties before returning with a husband and child at 38. I guess I am a native of sorts.

Back
Top Bottom