Tomorrow I give notice to retire!

Class of 2015 getting started first thing Monday morning! Congratulations.

Congratulations. But I do have to ask, what kind of place do you work in where you would be concerned that they might walk you to the door when you announce your retirement?

Congrats!!!! Best wishes and good luck on your retirement..Can't wait to do this too...Hopefully soon.

Monday I give formal notice to leave from megacorp and retire!

I'll offer the standard two week separation period, but if I get walked to the door sooner - fine by me!

Next chapter about to start - looking forward to it!

Congrats!!

How did it go?

FIRE on 3/9, 9 weeks away. Was going to give notice today, but after reading a discussion regarding giving notice on BH, decided to wait til first week of February, giving only 4 weeks notice. I want to remain in control of this situation right up until the end. If things go awry before 3/9, I don't trust myself to not just walk out the door.

Resignation submitted :dance: but my end date could be as much as 3 months out. I agreed to finish the project I'm on or until I'm not needed.

I'm leaving when there really isn't an overabundance of work. Our Upstream division will undoubtedly have layoffs. My Downstream group is not in critical shape but the amount of new work is slowing.

My boss and the company have been very good to me. I am carrying around an empty BS bucket. Nothing is making me leave from the employment end. It's just time. It's actually been time to go about three years ago.

Where's BBQ-nut? I didn't mean to beat him to the formal announcement here but it looks like I did. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Congratulations BBQ-Nut !!! :dance: I assume you haven't posted yet because you've gone on a very long celebratory lunch !!!

Resignation submitted but my end date could be as much as 3 months out. I agreed to finish the project I'm on or until I'm not needed.

2B has been cured of OMY-syndrome .... a MAJOR MAJOR accomplishment. Congratulations :) I'm proud of you !

Reactions: 2B
Resignation submitted :dance: but my end date could be as much as 3 months out. I agreed to finish the project I'm on or until I'm not needed.

I'm leaving when there really isn't an overabundance of work. Our Upstream division will undoubtedly have layoffs. My Downstream group is not in critical shape but the amount of new work is slowing.

My boss and the company have been very good to me. I am carrying around an empty BS bucket. Nothing is making me leave from the employment end. It's just time. It's actually been time to go about three years ago.

Where's BBQ-nut? I didn't mean to beat him to the formal announcement here but it looks like I did. :facepalm:
Congrats 2B!

Reactions: 2B

2B has been cured of OMY-syndrome .... a MAJOR MAJOR accomplishment. Congratulations :) I'm proud of you !

I don't know. Lets see how long he suffers through TMM (Three More Months)-syndrome. I'm not congratulating him until he walks out the door for the last time.

"or until I'm not needed." I guess he did leave the door open a crack.:LOL:
It's "needed on this project." It's not for other projects. Unless business picks up a lot my voluntary departure will be appreciated.

I'm "needed" because I've been doing a very specific activity on the project and it would be difficult to have someone take over so near the end. It could be done but it would be sloppy. The poor sap that got the assignment would hate me for it and I'd hate them if they had dumped it on me.

I'm cooperative because I've been treated very well. If I had any animosity I'd be gone with 2 weeks notice. Three months is much longer than it will probably go. I'm expecting early to mid-February.

I don't know. Lets see how long he suffers through TMM (Three More Months)-syndrome. I'm not congratulating him until he walks out the door for the last time.
It was really hard getting up to go in this morning after 2 weeks off. I expect it to get continuously more painful. 100% of my pay will be going into my 401k unless I can tell I'll go into late February and then I'll cut back to be sure I'll still get the company match.

Wonderful, 2B! I was waiting to see if you'd really pull the trigger. I am aiming to tell my partners at The Firm that my wo*k days are numbered. You are helping to encourage me. Unfortunately, my BS bucket is enduring a gushing overflow at this point....

Chuckle. Good point. Without a filled up BS bucket at work, 2B may not to be when it comes to RE in 3. Will send my congrats to his "narcissistic" thread the day after his last day at work. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom