Tomorrow I give notice to retire!

BBQ-Nut

Full time employment: Posting here.
Monday I give formal notice to leave from megacorp and retire!

I'll offer the standard two week separation period, but if I get walked to the door sooner - fine by me!

Next chapter about to start - looking forward to it!

I would like to point out that despite repeated statements that I would resign/retire on 5 Jan 2015 I did not initiate this thread. I will, however, start my own narcissistic thread tomorrow when I know what's happening.

Congratulations to you BBQ-Nut. Update us tomorrow.

Congrats BBQ!
Have you started the desk cleanout already?

Congrats BBQ!
Have you started the desk cleanout already?
Will start that tomorrow after I make the 'rounds' of giving formal notice.

Mostly it will be a process of disposing of old junk and paperwork.

I may end up with a single box of stuff to bring home -and then throw away from there.

Can't it just be a nice thread? :LOL::facepalm:

I I will, however, start my own narcissistic thread tomorrow when I know what's happening.

Congratulations, BBQ-Nut. :flowers::dance:

Hey, we're all waiting on pins and needles and can't wait to find out how it goes tomorrow for both of you!!!

Congratulations. Steal lots of pencils.

Good job. I hope your retirement is everything you dreamed it would be.

Yeah, two more retirees! Congratulations to both of you. You can look forward to lots of enjoyable free time you can fill anyway you wish.

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Congratulations, I hope you get an extra 2 weeks paid vacation! Then on to full time vacation mode.

Congratulations, best wishes, and welcome to my standing offer to all early retirees:
If you're ever passing through southwestern Ohio, I'll cheerfully buy you a [good] beer to help celebrate.
A couple of members will vouch for the validity of that offer.

At this moment it kinda feels surreal - something I've planned for the last 2 years with lots of analysis, number crunching, talking it over with my DW, even appointments with 2 independent financial planners, on-line retirement calculators - including Firecalc.

And now it comes down to the day of giving final notice at w*rk.

Feels like a good...really good...dream!

Back
Top Bottom