Travel Plans- smile!

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The best reason why you don't postpone travel plans until after FRA..

Attachments

• 35285161_10216978297714171_1348873232798711808_n.jpg
    35285161_10216978297714171_1348873232798711808_n.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 108
fortunately, we were awake when we took a gondola ride in venice...a few years before retirement

I’m not surprised. The way most people run around on vacations trying to pack something into every minute, this was probably the first time that day they got a chance to sit down and relax.

Now that's what I call traveling slowly. I've been to Venice 8 or 9 times, and have yet to ride on a gondola.

I’m not surprised. The way most people run around on vacations trying to pack something into every minute, this was probably the first time that day they got a chance to sit down and relax.

+1.

Throw in a little jet lag, and it only gets worse.

DH and I delighted in our "lightning tours" of trying to pack in as much as possible--and given his unexpectedly short lifespan, I'm so glad we did.

But I just had a two-week vacation in a gorgeous area, doing little more than biking, eating, napping, and sitting on the patio. It was pretty dang nice too!

Imagine how mortifying it must be to have that dreadful photo of you all over the Net.

My first thought was "They look like a couple of junkies."

More charitably, I figured it was too much vino at lunchtime.

Certainly doesn't resemble any of the older folks on tours I've taken. They were mostly almost too alert, like they were afraid to miss a single thing they'd paid for.

But I just had a two-week vacation in a gorgeous area, doing little more than biking, eating, napping, and sitting on the patio. It was pretty dang nice too!

Hmmmm. I thought I was at home but, I must be on vacation. :rolleyes:

We do slow travel. Usually at least three nights in one place, often more. We no longer try to see everything everywhere.

Don't wait to travel. Otherwise it may not happen. We are doing two months a year twice a year. Sometimes more. Why stay home if you like to travel, have a bucket list, and the resources to make it happen?

We slow travel too. I would rather see more of one area than rush around. We have spent a month total in Italy and didn’t see the whole country.

We do slow travel. Usually at least three nights in one place, often more. We no longer try to see everything everywhere.

Don't wait to travel. Otherwise it may not happen. We are doing two months a year twice a year. Sometimes more. Why stay home if you like to travel, have a bucket list, and the resources to make it happen?

This is timely. DW is with me on her first trip to Europe (I lived here when in the army a hundred years ago; then did frequent biz trips for a dozen years before retiring from mega). Anyhoo, I made a thousand mistakes during those years, making me a fair travel agent/tour guide for DW.

As a first trip, we are doing 4 cities in 18 days to "scratch the surface." The only city with a 2 night stay was Brussels (just to see Grand Place and a a few nearby sites).

DW has some limited mobility, and it is on display in this trip (I started a thread here about that -I will resuscitate later). Ergo, we limit walking to 1-2 miles in slow intervals. And we use a lot of taxis.

DW is LOVING Europe and that floats my boat like nothing else.

Based on DW's love of this trip, I'm seriously looking at carving out a finite part of our nest egg and amping up our travel for 2-3 years.

Anyhoo, just go now. Time is not your friend.

T
Based on DW's love of this trip, I'm seriously looking at carving out a finite part of our nest egg and amping up our travel for 2-3 years.

Anyhoo, just go now. Time is not your friend.

Absolutely! When DW and I married, 11 years ago, we traveled with a vengeance, But, as we aged and there were some mobility issues we have slowed down tremendously.
We cannot take bus trips because of the constant on the bus off the bus stairs. Also the "bags outside at 7 AM" does not appeal to us any more.:(
In the next 6 months, we will be taking two cruises, both originating and disembarking in LA. NO airports!:D

Than, what were you doing there?

I started traveling to Italy in 1970 while in college at the University of Innsbruck. We've been to most of the large cities in Europe 2,3,4 times too.

I did go thru Venice once on a cruise to Greece, however.

Live long enough, and the trips add up.

We keep going back to Thailand in the winter months and Greece ,Italy, and/or Turkey in the spring or fall.

Back
Top Bottom