Two years for me!!

dm

Full time employment: Posting here.
With my great sense of timing, I retired two years ago, Oct. 2007. Back when the dow was at 14,000 and my portfolio was fat. Well I guess the good news is I'm still retired and I have no plan's on going back to work. I weathered the little downturn we have had so far with no loss of sleep. Now we did put off making any big purchases, but no real change in our lifestyle.

As far as how its been, its great, my golf handicap has dropped from 8 to 3:). We have gone on several trips and are planning on more. The lack of stress due to work is hard to describe, but I still have two kids that like to throw a little my way from time to time.

I still don't have time to take care of the wifes honey do list, and I'm not losing any weight. I still don't have enough time in the day to do everything that I want. But there is always tomorrow. We are even going to try and go on alittle travel trailer trip in the spring to see how we like that. It is nice going on a little vacation and not having to be in a hurry.

Anyway, so far so good, and no reqret's .

Wow...all kinds of celebrations and anniversaries around here! :D

From the slump of the market we were all down...financially and emotionally. It's great to hear success stories!

Now....for a little dance....
sFun_dancing.gif

As far as how its been, its great, my golf handicap has dropped from 8 to 3:)

Pretty impressive. Mine has dropped from 10 to 6, but have run into a brick wall. :( Not sure if I can get it much lower. But retirement is good.:)

dm, congrats on the two years. Please make sure you enjoy every year in the future. The longer you go the more you will realize that you missed something or that you could have done something better. I just passed my 21st year of retirement, and if I die tomorrow, I will have had a great time; but, you look back and wish you could have done some things differently. One thing I do now is when I wake up, get that first cup of coffee and kick back a little to plan the day, I think about what I can do today to make my wife happier. She is the whole reason I'm here today and retired and I am thankful to her and for her. Good luck.

... The lack of stress due to work is hard to describe...
Ah, yes I love the lack of work stress. Every once in a while I pause and say, I am so glad not to be at work.

Congratulations on two years!

.... still getting the hang of it.
There's a hang of it to get? Uh oh. Love your sig. line, Freebird.

Two years is awesome! I am glad that you are having fun and doing what you want to!

Back
Top Bottom