Want to rent Jan/Feb

Kelor

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm having a challenge finding a furnished rental property in Arizona for January and February. I know this is starting the process quite late, and I won't even know if this will work for us for another week or so, but can someone direct me to a site I should be using?

I've looked at Trulia and VRBO. VRBO doesn't seem to focus on monthly rentals, and the Trulia sight seems to only have properties that are available after the winter season is over.

Thanks in advance.

I'm surprised that VRBO does not show monthly rentals. Did you try a local realtor?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

AirBnB will often give you discounts on Monthly rental over the daily rate. I have had good luck using them before.

I've used VRBO for monthly rentals and what I did was to send an inquiry to multiple rentals that appealed to us. Only those that were interested in discounting got back to us. Some were really good deals while others were not much better than their weekly rates. Try that approach.

If it is anything like Florida, at this stage most seasonal rentals are reserved for, but you might be able to snag one where the prospective renters have a change of plans or a health issue and have to cancel. I would search on VRBO and AirBnB and perhaps also talk with realtors who do rentals in the area you would like to be and ask them to wiatlist you in case an opening pops up.

About 5 years ago we snagged a rental for the month of February in Naples that was such a situation... the people who were going to rent had health issues and had to cancel.

Maybe you van find several two week stretches in the same area and move your things. We're a bit different because we like to move around so a week in one place is max.

I've found airbnb to be the best for monthly rentals - many list discounts for long stays. We used them for a 5 week stay in Palm Springs this coming Jan/Feb.

Maybe you van find several two week stretches in the same area and move your things. We're a bit different because we like to move around so a week in one place is max.

Great idea! We’re thinking of stringing together a bunch of week-long stays between between epic driving and hotel stays. VBRO still seems to have decent stuff in SE AZ, but need to squeeze between the existing commitments.

Back
Top Bottom