Want2retire is retired!

W2R - work called - they want to know where the synopsis of that upcoming project is - and there are just a few other items they'd like to spitball by you if you wouldn't mind doing a little conference call tomorrow around 8:15.. shouldn't take more than a few hours...

or not - think you can manage to sleep in?

:2funny: Would you believe that when I came in to w*rk this morning for my last half day, there was an e-mail very similar to that? No conference call, though. Just a little apologetic panic and freaking out since they knew it was the very last possible minute but someone really really really needed to know specifically why we need to wait for output from the new model for a certain application and can't just use the output we already have from the old model... :LOL::whistle:

I am either going to really enjoy sleeping in, or if I awaken early I am going to enjoy watching the sun rise with coffee out on my own patio...:D

Last edited:
I am either going to really enjoy sleeping in, or if I awaken early I am going to enjoy watching the sun rise with coffee out on my own patio...
Individual experiences vary, but I awoke well before dawn feeling like a kid on Christmas morning. First time since I was six. :)

I began this thread just as soon as my username was changed, to explain what was going on. Wouldn't you have done that? All I did after that was eat a very leisurely breakfast in the snack bar at work, talk to friends for a little while, shut down my computer, use the restroom, and check out. Anyway, you will be happy to know that I left work forever (exited the building) at exactly 11:00 AM, two hours 36 minutes after beginning the thread, and then went straight to celebrate over lunch with Frank from 11:01 AM to 12:51 PM, when I posted #51 above. :D

W2R, put down that clock IMMEDIATELY! Step away from the clock! Or we'll call in Officer bbamI with her thigh high boots. I hear she has a whip.... :police:

Way to go. I know you will enjoy your own time now. :D:cool::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::greetings10::greetings10::flowers::flowers::D:):):):):):):):):):cool::cool:

I turn 63 my next birthday and have no plans on retiring in the future. I have to good of a job as of now to even think about it. Things could change and if they do I think I would be ready. oldtrig

Congratulations W2R!!!

I'm late to this party but better late than never. (post # 106)
I just want to wish you the best. I am envious of your new position but I am not that far behind you.
You do realize that the "meal" is over and now you are having the "dessert".
I hope every day is key lime pie, beignets, fudge, pralines, blue bell, lemon cake, and dark chocolate for you.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sheesh. I'm away for one day, and suddenly names are changing, people are retiring...

Congratulations!

Just caught the thread. Congratulations a thousand times over.:greetings10::flowers::flowers::greetings10:

Congrats W2R! I can't think of anything better to do than to watch the sun come up from the front porch on a brisk autumn morn, complete with hot beverage in hand. What a wonderful way to start retirement! Enjoy!

R

W2R, put down that clock IMMEDIATELY! Step away from the clock! Or we'll call in Officer bbamI with her thigh high boots. I hear she has a whip.... :police:

sFi_bullwhip.gif
sFi_whip.gif
sFi_whip2.gif
smiley-sex024.gif

How's that?
smiley-char092.gif

:D

You will wake up tomorrow with a big empty feeling. Thinking....'Is this really it?' Not knowing what to do you will probably head to this nearest Walmart inquiring about a 'greeter' job. I'm so sorry for you. It can be a very disappointing experience.;)

I on the other hand will wake up tomorrow, have a cup of coffee, feed the mutt, then have a little breakfast with great anticipation for my 10:00am tee time.:) Assuming Ida takes a hard turn to the right. :(

Congratulations! I have been lurking as a wannabe for awhile and your retirement brought me here to put in my first posting. I have been following your postings. Please keep them up!

Individual experiences vary, but I awoke well before dawn feeling like a kid on Christmas morning. First time since I was six. :)

Turned out it was 4:10 AM for me. I could have rolled over and gone back to sleep, but then thought "H*** no, it's MY day and I can do whatever I want!"

So here I am with my first cup of coffee, enjoying these pre-dawn hours. :D

You will wake up tomorrow with a big empty feeling. Thinking....'Is this really it?' Not knowing what to do you will probably head to this nearest Walmart inquiring about a 'greeter' job. I'm so sorry for you. It can be a very disappointing experience.;)
:2funny: Not likely! :D

Dawg52 said:
I on the other hand will wake up tomorrow, have a cup of coffee, feed the mutt, then have a little breakfast with great anticipation for my 10:00am tee time.:) Assuming Ida takes a hard turn to the right. :(
I think Hurricane Ida turned into a tropical storm and turned east - - at least we didn't have much of any effects from Ida here at all, though it did batter Plaquemines and St. Bernard parishes southeast of New Oreans. I dressed in my gym clothes and plan to go to the gym to work out sometime after rush hour.

Last edited:
Getting to the gym mid-morning is such a huge luxury...one of my top five things in the "Pluses of Retirement Column". Enjoy the day W2R and definitely relegate that alarm clock to a guest bedroom.

Congrats I know my first day of retirement was a Wonderful day and I wish you the same and many many more days of wonder
Bruce

Turned out it was 4:10 AM for me. I could have rolled over and gone back to sleep, but then thought "H*** no, it's MY day and I can do whatever I want!"

4:10 AM? That's really early. You may have to take a nap in the middle of the day on a Tuesday. That would be horrible:rolleyes:

Congratulations!

Well planned and thought out. Don'tcha love it when a plan comes together?

But... what are you gonna do all day?:LOL:

W2R, not a lot to add to all that has been said but congratulations! As for sleeping in, it's been over a year for me and I still wake up at 5:30 am but knowing that I could go back to sleep if I wanted to is worth it. Best of luck with all your plans.

I think Hurricane Ida turned into a tropical storm and turned east - - at least we didn't have much of any effects from Ida here at all, though it did batter Plaquemines and St. Bernard parishes southeast of New Oreans. I dressed in my gym clothes and plan to go to the gym to work out sometime after rush hour.

Whatever this $#*! thing is it's raining here this morning. The tip of it is over my side of the state. Crap, now I will have to stay in watch old movies and take a couple of naps. Retirement is not all what it's cracked up to be.:tongue:

Way2Go, W2R!

I am so happy for you; your planning and dedication have finally paid off. I wish the best for you and look forward to your future posts.

-helen

Alas, I am still counting Monday's and one day I hope to be like you WERE counting down the days... congrats on your big day!

(now if the Dow keeps going higher and higher it will artificially reduce my magic monday's number, since the date is not as important as the ending account balance...)

Getting to the gym mid-morning is such a huge luxury...one of my top five things in the "Pluses of Retirement Column". Enjoy the day W2R and definitely relegate that alarm clock to a guest bedroom.
Yep - using facilities like the gym, the neighborhood tennis courts, whatever during "normal" work hours - not to mention grocery shopping mid-morning! - these are all HUGE benefits of being retired!

They go away on the weekends though! If you live in an urban area you'll come to dread the weekends. Can't even sit out in your own back yard on the weekends because everyone else is out catching up on their mowing!

But at least there are 5 days out of 7 that you get to enjoy!

Audrey

Back
Top Bottom