Weird weather patterns

Zoocat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
It's hailing again in Colorado. This is the 10th day in a row that we have had serious stormy weather, including hail and, in E. Denver, tornado sightings. One good thing: we need water. One bad thing: grass is growing like crazy making for a terrifying fire hazard in late summer and fall.

Any other areas of the country experiencing odd weather patterns this summer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mf8ClPUxzs

About normal here in East Nowhere, with lots of spring rains and some late freeze warnings up until maybe 3 weeks ago.
I have noticed more thunderstorm activity, in fact there is some excitement in the sky just north of me right now. We usually don't get that much intense front activity until July-August.

Weather

Maybe I am crazy, but it seems to me that the weather here in southwestern PA has gotten better, more moderate. We had some very cold stretches this winter but not a lot of snow and ice(at least not enough to really bother me since I live very close to my office and travel main thoroughfares). And the summers are by and large not as hot and muggy. Enough rain, but not too much. Maybe I am wishing myself into thinking this is north central coastal CA, my favorite place...well, I guess I am crazy. I grew up about 65 miles to the north of where I live now, and I thought it was bleak back in the wintertime and unbearable most of the summer. Hmmm. Or maybe I am just satisfied for now with where I have wound up after having lived all over.

The Dog Days of August arrived here in May.
Weird. We have had a great Spring here until this past week. August-like weather hit this week like the doors of Hell opened. High pressure system sitting out there in the Gulf is keeping it dry and hot here.

Even weirder, one of the weather dudes said this morning that July and August might be a fair bit cooler than normal. I'd pay good money to see that!

We're getting all of that left over rain from Colorado. It keeps moving in from the west. We were 6 inches below normal and now it has been raining or cloudy just about every day for 2 weeks. We are still below normal in moisture tho. If the rain would go away for a week and then come back for a few days, I would be happy. It's been pretty gloomy for the two weeks. The sun comes out once in a while then goes away again.:(

We're getting all of that left over rain from Colorado. It keeps moving in from the west.
All the moisture is being pushed away from Texas in a circular pattern from west to east with a lot of northerly movement as it swings around the big high pressure bubble we're stuck with down here.. They're predicting it's not going away soon, so keep your umbrella handy.

I like the avatar pic of the pooch.

It's hailing again in Colorado. This is the 10th day in a row that we have had serious stormy weather, including hail and, in E. Denver, tornado sightings. One good thing: we need water. One bad thing: grass is growing like crazy making for a terrifying fire hazard in late summer and fall.

Any other areas of the country experiencing odd weather patterns this summer?

Yep - seems like a wetter/cloudier June north of Kansas City.

heh heh heh - but I haven't checked any past records. :cool:

Highly unusual weather here in the Pacific Northwest - cool and rainy.

So far, Chicago has had the coolest June since 1905 (02?) - one of those "weather quiz" things on the news a few days back.

OK with me. No heat, no air conditioning. Niiiiiice :)

-ERD50

I'm here in Georgia, and we are getting that Texas August weather in June. Ugh!!!!

Very, very wet May in Arkansas and Missouri.

Audrey

Wow -- two ends of the spectrum -- either very hot and dry or very wet and gloomy. I am in the wet and gloomy area in CT. Living lakeside, and this being my husband's first retired summer, this was supposed to be our summer to really enjoy the lake -- that's why all we are getting is rain and cool!! We've been in our boat exactly ONCE - to bring it home from the marina!! Just had a bad downpour while DH was changing the car battery -- he now is using my hairdryer to dry his tools!! Sun is peeking out now -- but clouds behind it......weeds are sprouting like wildfire, lawns are growing so fast, can't keep anything looking good, and with our house up for sale, it is a challenge. But what can you do?? Just take it one day at a time.....and be happy for all the good things.

North of Kansas City - 88 partly cloudy, hopefully no rain - smoking bone in ribs, small slab of beef and next mild Italian sausage and boneless ribs. Sauteed snow peas from the garden and scalloped potato's. Splitting with the neighbors.

Happy Father's Day everyone.

Hopefully the cool and damp may be ending - 95 and sunny predicted for next two days.

heh heh heh - :greetings10:

We've had lots of big storms this spring, which is not unusual, and even a stretch of storms and rain in June, which is unusual. But the temps have been plenty hot, so, back to normal...

This week...

98 100 100 99 101
79 78 77 78 79

Back
Top Bottom