What are your plans for this New Year's Eve?

We're also staying home, still marveling at today's unexpected snowfall in SoCal.

Now I don't have to envy Walt's pretty snow photos any longer. I have my own!

We were planning on staying home, but have decided to go to a local neighborhood tavern for an early prime rib dinner at about 4:30pm......
We arrived for dinner just as they were opening at 4:30, and were the first ones seated and served. The prime rib and trimmings were excellent, and we got to visit with a few friends who were there also. We were on our way home at 5:15, and took a short cruise around town to enjoy the last vestiges of Christmas lights. Back home in my LazyBoy by 5:40, with my next planned festivity being breakfast tomorrow morning!

Happy New Year to all!!! :dance:

We are staying home as usual. I'm drinking some CA sparkling wine now and we will eat leftovers soon.

We don't like the crowds and usual parties on NYE. Tomorrow we will attend an afternoon New Years day party at a friend's house. I will take down the Christmas tree in the morning and listing to holiday music for the last time this season.

We are not party people, especially when everyone else out there is drunk, so we stay at home. DH bought a grocery store champagne-like beverage for midnight.

One of our sons is working at the Akron, OH First Night celebration. He's been doing this for 6 or 7 years, running the sound for one of the bands. It's one of his favorite gigs. The other son came over to be with us and I made pulled pork in the pressure cooker for dinner. He is 30 but does not drink like most people he knows. A glass of grocery store champagne is about his speed.

I'm thinking about my Dad, who told me in February how he didn't think he'd make it to 2015. He wanted 2014 to be his last year, he's gone downhill a lot lately and nothing is getting easier, only harder.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Staying home, so there will be no driving late at night on roads with other tired people driving after too much drinking. My usual practice is to celebrate in a few timezones ahead of me, so I can ring in the New Year (somewhere) but still get to bed at a reasonable hour.

Having an evening at home. Can't say it's a quiet evening though the bar down the street has had a constant barrage of fireworks for the last 90 minutes.

Staying home as always. New Years eve is just another day and I choose not to get killed by a drunk idiot..

Sue J,
Sorry to hear about your dad.

Someone here gave me the idea of taking DW out to a Mexican place. She likes it better than I do but it's close and you avoid most drunks. When I offered that she said how about sushi?

She's not a big sushi lover, I am. I think she just did that to make me happy. Off to snack on an extra roll she bought. Now I've got to do something she'll like better.:banghead:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

We're passing on our party invite at friends nearby - 15 degrees. Surfing the net for tomorrows fried cabbage, blackeyed peas, and pork dinner plus football(guys) and Scrabble(gals).

Had lunch at the art museum(Nelson) after the Plains Indians and Modern Art exhibits with other friends.

heh heh heh - NOW had tonight been back in the old days before Katrina I would be arranging my fireworks on my 120' run(pier for northerners) ready to outdo my neighbors and their fireworks. :cool:

Watching TV and cleaning where I stay while on call away from home. Done with work at 7AM tomorrow. DH at home doing the same. 7.5 hrs to go!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Just got home from First Night festivities and watching the tv waiting for the ball drop. Taylor Swift is on right now, she must be freezing her cute little butt off with that skimpy outfit in 29F weather in Times Square that feels like 14F. Ah.... to be young.

The cats seem particularly rambunctious tonight.

Listening to the Capitol Steps Year End Review on NPR. The explosions outside are starting and it's only 9:00 so it will escalate up to midnight! The neighbors must have saved fireworks from the 4th.

Thinking back on all the NYE parties I've attended over the years and just enjoying staying home and enjoying the relative quiet.

Happy New Year to all and to a prosperous 2015!

Slept right through it. I made it until 11pm, then sound a sleep.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one! I fell asleep on the couch at 9:00 pm last night (2014) and woke up at 1:30 am today (2015). Apparently 2015 managed to arrive without any active participation from me - what a relief! :D :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom