What I Did on my 1st day of ER!

e86s54

Recycles dryer sheets
Got up at 8am (kinda as usual).

Beautiful hot sunny day...passed on yoga with my wife and had my coffee on the deck with my dog. He sits there every morning and quietly watches the river. He was very happy and surprised that I joined him.

I then joined my daughter to watch her equestrian lesson. Her and her mount move so beautifully and it was a joy to watch her jump the intricate course set by her coach.

Made it home for lunch and a swim in the pool.

Went out on the boat for the afternoon with DW, both kids and dog. Just frolicking at an anchorage.

Came home for dinner and then took DW to golf lesson. Tried not to give her pointers during instructions (but still got a few in).

Back home for a swim and a gin & tonic on the deck as a sundowner.

Off to bed now...may watch the news and weather. Looking forward to another Saturday tomorrow.

E86S54

Sounds like a marvelous day...and just think, there will be many more to come! :D

Awesome!! I wish mine was that eventful, but I was hungover from the previous nights festivities. I was good until some one started buying me scotch. Hope you have many more.

Congratulations and I am glad your first day of ER was so nice. (Yours too, flyfishnevada - - good days come in so many different varieties!). :D

Whoa! Slow down - you are making the rest of us look lazy. :LOL:

Congratulations!

Awesome!! I wish mine was that eventful, but I was hungover from the previous nights festivities. I was good until some one started buying me scotch. Hope you have many more.

Thanks everyone!

Well for me the worst thing about being hungover is trying to get up in the morning. We don't have that problem, but it doesn't mean I'll be making a habit of that.

Got up this morning and had my coffee on the deck again. My dog looked at me with the "You again" look on his face ;)

Oh well...sounds like my ER will be an adjustment for everyone...including the dog :)

E86S54

Got up this morning and had my coffee on the deck again. My dog looked at me with the "You again" look on his face ;)E86S54

As long as DW doesn't give you that look, its all good...........:)

if DW gives you that look you may be spending more of your time on the deck witg the dog...

Congratulatuions and thanks! Your first day of freedom confirms the goal that I hope to reach in the not too distant future.
"Goal" is probably not adequate...new and improved lifestyle!:LOL::LOL:

Well for me the worst thing about being hungover is trying to get up in the morning. We don't have that problem, but it doesn't mean I'll be making a habit of that.

Got up this morning and had my coffee on the deck again. My dog looked at me with the "You again" look on his face ;)

What I like about retirement is the freedom to drink too much and be able to sleep in, guilt free. Not that I do it often, but knowing you can is liberating.

My dog always looks at me like, "Where's the food?"

Congrats on your ER. :flowers:
Sounds like a great day even though it exhausted me to read all about it. ;)
My 2 dogs are so used to me being home they give me attitude when I run to the store for milk. :LOL:

Got up at 8am (kinda as usual).

Beautiful hot sunny day...passed on yoga with my wife and had my coffee on the deck with my dog. He sits there every morning and quietly watches the river. He was very happy and surprised that I joined him.

I then joined my daughter to watch her equestrian lesson. Her and her mount move so beautifully and it was a joy to watch her jump the intricate course set by her coach.

Made it home for lunch and a swim in the pool.

Went out on the boat for the afternoon with DW, both kids and dog. Just frolicking at an anchorage.

Came home for dinner and then took DW to golf lesson. Tried not to give her pointers during instructions (but still got a few in).

Back home for a swim and a gin & tonic on the deck as a sundowner.

Off to bed now...may watch the news and weather. Looking forward to another Saturday tomorrow.

E86S54

What are you doing on your 39th day of ER?

e86s54 sounds like you are off to a good start.

But what I really need to know is, where and how do I find friend or foe that will buy me scotch. I can barely get a beer now and then.
I must hang with friends in low places.
Steve

As envious as I am of all you ER'ers, these sort of threads are so inspirational. :ROFLMAO:

Got up....took daughter to school.... found a few Geocaches, made lunch, went to the store....started dinner.... a glass of wine.... read under the shade tree.....watched some tv.....

Back
Top Bottom