What If Everyone ERd As Soon As They Could?

Work would become play

or be highly renumerated. Automation and technology would be used where ever possible. Everyone else would want to immigrate.

I don't even consider it, because it's not going to happen.

I know a few >$100M folks who still work! They do so, because that's where they get their jollies. I'm delighted for them. I'm delighted for me not to be like them.

But beyond those "superstars" who are having the times of their lives in their careers performing in the limelight and enjoying the fat paychecks, I suspect a large number of people who CAN ER, in fact DO, as soon as they can do so with sufficient assets to support a reasonable lifestyle. It's just that MOST people CAN'T. It's no small feat to amass sufficient assets to ER. That option is simply not available to most people for due to a wide variety of circumstances.

Audrey

Last edited:
If everybody made the same choices in life this would be such a boring world.

Luckily, exercising our freedom of choice in when to retire, once we can afford to do so, is part of the freedom we have in this country (right now). Our ancestors fought for our freedom, and some of those on the forum have done so as well. We owe them a lot.

Let's see if everybody ER'd as soon as they could? Well there are those people who really have a good enjoyable job and so probably would not retire! The rest of us well... we would retire and be mellow:cool::D;):LOL::2funny::smitten:

Back
Top Bottom