Why Everyone Here Made a Mistake

I usually talk bigger than I act. :) That applies to trying exotic meat as well as making investments.

I went to Florida several times, each time saying I would try alligator meat, each time failed to carry through. It is just like chicken, they say. Finally, had it in a soup, in a restaurant in the Vancouver Island, BC, a most unlikely place to have it! Yep, it was just like chicken.

A restaurant near me used to have fried rattlesnake nuggets. One day, decided to go there to try it, but they no longer have it on menu. Guess, I will have to go to Texas now.

In Sydney, I made a reservation at a downtown restaurant specialized in 'roo meat. I got cold feet and made a no-show. A fellow forum member told me that I missed out, that it was my loss.
Not missing much by not having tried rattlesnake, except maybe some shock value with friends. Alligator does not have a strong flavor so seasoning and prep make all the difference. Kangaroo meat is tasty, sausage even better, as is wild boar. Game meat can be very tasty but needs a skilled hand in the kitchen and decent recipes.

I went to Florida several times, each time saying I would try alligator meat, each time failed to carry through. It is just like chicken, they say. Finally, had it in a soup, in a restaurant in the Vancouver Island, BC, a most unlikely place to have it! Yep, it was just like chicken.
I've occasionally seen rattlesnake meat for sale at some upscale grocery stores at $30 a pound.

If it costs 10 times as much as chicken and it tastes like chicken.... I'm sticking with chicken!

I sure hope the author of that article, "Phillip Moeller", follows his own advise. I wonder if he has any funds put aside or will work till he dies?

I would not have a problem eating rattlesnake meat. However, at $30/# I would find it hard to swallow.
Sure, if you serve it to me, I'll try it. And if it costs the same as chicken (or close to it), I'd consider buying a little. It just seems funny that people would pay 10x the price of chicken for something that really *does* taste like chicken...

I would hope those rattlesnakes are farm raised rattlesnakes, and not wild caught. Farm raised would be more tender since they are fed farm raised mice...

Wonder where that's going to go...

I would hope those rattlesnakes are farm raised rattlesnakes, and not wild caught. Farm raised would be more tender since they are fed farm raised mice...

Wonder where that's going to go...

But if farm raised rattlesnakes are like farm raised fish, they are full of artificial stuff that is bad for us. Better something from the wild, 'cause there's nothing artificial out there.

Not farm raised...and chicken isn't on the menu.

Attachments

• snake17.jpg
    snake17.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 137
I hope the OP keeps working. Dude, pay for my SS!

Its' not only patriotic to pay taxes, we're all counting on YOU!

Don't stop working...please! Meanwhile, I'll be out at the pool.

And thanks!

help the rest of us...

Sounds like the Op should also add:

Delay Taking SS - until you die. That away you will get a higher monthly amount (if you were still alive)...
and it will help the rest of us...
+1
everything else is pure b*nk - to keep us working for (Health) benefits.

Here is what we should all be thinking about.

1. Retire from: Do we dislike our job, have plenty of money, lots of plans for the future.....retire!

2. Retire to: Are we short of retirement funds, like our job, would just sit on the porch and eat all day after we retire? ........keep on working!

There is no simple answer. I've enjoyed my career, have enough to retire but am working because I'm needed until others are trained. I'm a little afraid, however, that when retired I'll butt into house issues upsetting my DW, eat too much, bad for my health and spend too much since I'll have all day to spend shopping.

But I do enjoy the forum, I learn a lot and it helps me as I think about the future.

I'm a little afraid, however, that when retired I'll butt into house issues upsetting my DW, eat too much, bad for my health and spend too much since I'll have all day to spend shopping.
I think the shopping one is easily handled. Men often hate shopping, and older men tend to hate it more, as nothing we can buy in a store is going to do much for our appearance. Eating is also easy. Go on a low carb, low salt diet. Your health may or may not improve, but you will lose weight as your food will taste awful. You are going to be starving before you will endure seconds. It will even be easy to exercise. Just make it a rule that you must clean the kitchen including walls and floors if you haven't exercised for at least 45 minutes. On alternate days make the no exercise punishment cleaning the toilet, included that hard to reach area beind the toilet seat. And you wife gets to inspect it and must approve of your work before you can go lie down.

Avoiding upset wives, I can't help with as I upset mine enough that she broke camp, and I decided to do without a replacement.

Ha

I could not have said it better. My view exactly. I am still thinking of FIREing later this year, but keeping a part time position at a couple of clinics - maybe a day or two a week, to keep my mind active.
There is no simple answer. I've enjoyed my career, have enough to retire but am working (...) I'm a little afraid, however (...) But I do enjoy the forum, I learn a lot and it helps me as I think about the future.

Here is what we should all be thinking about.

1. Retire from: Do we dislike our job, have plenty of money, lots of plans for the future.....retire!

2. Retire to: Are we short of retirement funds, like our job, would just sit on the porch and eat all day after we retire? ........keep on working!

There is no simple answer.
Seems simple enough...

I usually talk bigger than I act. :) That applies to trying exotic meat as well as making investments.

A restaurant near me used to have fried rattlesnake nuggets. One day, decided to go there to try it, but they no longer have it on menu. Guess, I will have to go to Texas now.

In Sydney, I made a reservation at a downtown restaurant specialized in 'roo meat. I got cold feet and made a no-show. A fellow forum member told me that I missed out, that it was my loss.

Eating dead, cooked things is not adventurous at all. Go for the gusto and try "live food." :eek:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Feeder_mice.jpg

Last edited:
DW was walking by when I opened the post with the picture. After seeing it and asking why I was looking at stuff like that, she said to say "thanks".

Truthfully, that's not exactly what she said, but I'm sure that's what she meant.

Reading all your posts, I have certifiably come to the conclusion that you all are the most awesome people on Earth.

Following advice from Yahoo is like listening to the advice of the weasel in the chicken house ...

Long live freedom from the cubicle!

Reading all your posts, I have certifiably come to the conclusion that you all are the most awesome people on Earth.

At first reading I thought it said, "I have certifiably come to the conclusion that you all are the most gruesome people on Earth".

But, as usual, I was wrong...

Back
Top Bottom