Why I think RVing Sucks.

Yeah - this thread has been a blast!

And are any of us RVers offended? No, because we know better and we don't really care what non-RVer's think. LOL!

Audrey

I'm happy this thread gave us who RV a chance to come out of the (very small) closet and admit what sad lives we live and how much RVing sucks. Do not make the mistake of renting or buying an RV and don't move to Texas...

No big deal. The original post was essentially a troll anyhow (he had never even RV'd, best I can tell).

The thread turned out kind of fun anyway. ;)

Hey, 130 responses in just a couple of days... just think if Sarah Palin had been involved...:LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I always said I went to Nam to get out of Texas (not really, I volunteered for Turkey - but you know the military :cool: ...)
Well, if you were stuck near Lubbock (was that your photo?) - I don't blame you!

Audrey

have to be moving at a pretty fair gait to outrun the gators. do chiggers jump as high as fleas? or jump at all?

non-sequiters a specialty.

Well, if you were stuck near Lubbock (was that your photo?) - I don't blame you!

Audrey
Yes, that was me.

San Antonio to Lubbock, on to Nam, back to the world and on to Florida to finish up my "tour in uniform :cool: "...

Four years in warm/hot weather (and I've spent my entire life about 75 miles west of NYC ;) - other than my "government vacation")...

After owning a couple of different RVs in the past, we now find ourselves dipping our toes in the RV life again. We bought a used conversion van that is basically a bed on wheels (with a porta-potti for those night time aging bladder issues).:blush: If we find a nice campground, we camp. If we feel the need for "TV and a bathtub", we get a motel room.

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac103/papahank/IMG_0470.jpg

After owning a couple of different RVs in the past, we now find ourselves dipping our toes in the RV life again. We bought a used conversion van that is basically a bed on wheels (with a porta-potti for those night time aging bladder issues).:blush: If we find a nice campground, we camp. If we feel the need for "TV and a bathtub", we get a motel room.

[URL]http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac103/papahank/IMG_0470.jpg[/URL]

Neat van! Some of us always feel the need for a TV and a bathtub, but if that isn't the case for you, then have fun!

A throwback to the [-]60's[/-] 70's...

My ex bought one similar that new in the early 1990's. The back seat would electronically convert into a queen sized bed by just pushing a switch. It had a TV, VCR, CB radio, table, solar panels, you name it, it had it. Looked just like this one except the colors and pinstripes were shades of Aggie maroon. :D

We own the stuff in the first two pics and the avatar and have an A-Liner hard sided pop-up similar to the one in the third pic on order for pick-up in three weeks. We like to kayak, camp and fish but have decided we're too far into geezerhood to end a long day of paddling by spending the night in a tent. (Been there, done that!) Besides base camping on paddling trips, we're planning on using it for some general touring as well.

It small and light yet has what we need to be comfortable: decent beds, air, heat, mini-kitchen. And the younger club members still tenting won't boo us out of camp like they would if we showed up in a Class A!

Attachments

• Prowler 13.jpg
    Prowler 13.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 083107_1902a.jpg
    083107_1902a.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 5
I have been considering RVing in retirement. So I started looking at destinations and I must say, RV parks I find on the web don't look very appealing. So is this it...or do some of you avoid these retirement traps and actually really enjoy it?
RVing holds zero appeal for me; but we are all different.

Since you are considering it but are hesitant, why not rent for a month and see how it goes? As Martha suggests, try before you buy.

Those stream type trailers can be VERY heavy. Not sure if the right has has enough hitch/GWVR rating and stopping power. You have to be very careful about what you tow.

Audrey

Thanks for the tip. I just started my research with the "what looks fun" aspect. I haven't got to the feasibility part yet.

thanks! - looks perfect. I like the trailmanor floor plans better than the Airstream - and they are real light.
We towed with a Sequoia -- way bigger than we needed, but sometimes I had to check the rear window to reassure myself it was still back there.

The collapsible is ingenious though it required a few extra minutes and inconvenience. Had one of the 34' models and found it quite comfortable.

I considered the Trail Manor for a while. I would have no problem towing the largest one with my SUV. However, I decided to get a class C motorhome because I thought that would work better for me.

You see, growing up, we were never taken camping by our parents. Oh, they were travel lovers, but we always ended up in a motel at the end of the day. Being a city rat, I have slept in a tent only two nights in my life, and it was not by choice. A motorhome gives me the feeling more like being in a traditional home, albeit a really small one.

PS. I have passed by KOA campgrounds many times, but have never visited one. :blush:

Most KOAs I avoid. There are a few gems out there however. rvparkreviews.com is pretty good at helping weed the good ones from the bad ones.

Audrey

Surprised to see how sad my life is. We are extreme RVers, our home address is a mail box in a city we have never been to.

We agree about rvparkreviews.com. I should enter more reviews. but we are too busy...uh... traveling. We like the parks with no on-site amenities- we just want S, W and dependable E. We use a VZ Wireless card, and I can't recall the last place it didn't work at least OK.

We use a VZ Wireless card, and I can't recall the last place it didn't work at least OK.

That's good to know. I'll be getting one shortly and wondered how well it would work out in the wilds.

Back
Top Bottom