Wonderful Thing Happened Today

I am very lucky to have this little lake only 3 miles away...I keep my boat here on a slip. I spend a lot of time here in the nice weather. The second pic is our own "baby Niagara Falls" spillover across the dam in the spring.

Attachments

• P7040013.jpg
    P7040013.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 023_23.JPG
    023_23.JPG
    599.8 KB · Views: 4
I've lived on the water for almost eight years. I'm now ready to move inland . I've enjoyed living on the water but the insurance costs and the worry during hurricane season have made me ready to move . Plus I'd like to downsize . Here is a picture of the view from my deck .

Attachments

• DSCN5015.jpg
    DSCN5015.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 9
I've lived on the water for almost eight years. I'm now ready to move inland . I've enjoyed living on the water but the insurance costs and the worry during hurricane season have made me ready to move . Plus I'd like to downsize . Here is a picture of the view from my deck .

I'm blown away. No pun intended.

-CC

Hard place to leave. It looks almost like you would have to travel to Tahiti or something to get a spot like that.

Ha

WOW. That sounds NNNice!

tmm

Wanna swap houses? :flowers: It only snows a little bit here. :whistle:

What a gorgeous view you have. :D

Beautiful! It would be very hard for me to leave such a gorgeous place by the sea. But I would wonder if insurance costs will go up in the future, and I can understand the worry during hurricane season.

Thanks everybody , My view is great but it comes with a price that I'm not sure I want to pay anymore . Luckily I bought this house before the market went nuts so even with the real estate melt down I' m still ahead . I bought the house in 2001 from a christian singer who thought she was the next Reba . It came with a black room ( the recording studio ) , a leopard print bathroom that took days to strip the wall paper , the worst vinyl flooring& counters in the world , tie dyed curtains but an incredible view , two lots on Sarasota Bay and a great price .I'd like to eventually sell it and move inland . I'll miss the view but not the insurance premiums .

I cant believe you took down the leopard print wall paper. :(

It was leopard print on the bottom and the top was foil wall paper that the owner had made from aluminum foil cut up and glued like a collage . That paper took me forever to strip .I usually can not look beyond tacky decoration but this time I did .

Welll - with 26 yrs in the old PacNW and 25 yrs over Lake Ponchartrain with the Sun setting at the end of our pier - I'll take Kansas City, Missouri side, on a hill, high above the wide Missouri, in the wonderful suburbs with slushy old snow on the ground.

I have a Passport, or SUV, and am underspending the travel budget so far(New Orleans, south of Chattanooga) this year - should the itch strike.

Spring is near - had some bird poop on the windshield before the snow hit and a few tubby Robins in the yard the last few days.

:D

heh heh heh - :cool:

I seem to appreciate the views I travel to see - rather than the ones at hand/thus taken for granted.

Last edited:
I've lived on the water for almost eight years. I'm now ready to move inland . I've enjoyed living on the water but the insurance costs and the worry during hurricane season have made me ready to move . Plus I'd like to downsize .

Well, you can always build a cabin on your own private pond. Wildlife plentiful there in FL. :)

mudhole800.jpg

Back
Top Bottom