Attempting to get people to see the light!

NEWSFLASH - a coworker I evangelized to just started reading "4 pillars" today, and has upped his 401k contribution from 6% (the company match) to 10% and opened a ROTH. He's about 25 years old. So maybe there is hope. The caveat is this guy was already thinking about it, and he has "winner" stamped on his forehead - technical lead already, scratch golfer, dates "the hot chick" at work, universally liked and admired, etc.

So I think you can push people over the edge, but figuring out who that is, that's the hard part.

Laurence said:
NEWSFLASH - a coworker I evangelized to just started reading "4 pillars" today, and has upped his 401k contribution from 6% (the company match) to 10% and opened a ROTH...

So I think you can push people over the edge, but figuring out who that is, that's the hard part.

Laurence, what the heck have you been smoking, you loon!?

You may be a moderator, but you don't have any sort of recruitment quota to the wonderful world of FIRE. To paraphrase C-T, let 'em eat cake keep working and funding SS. ;)

From another point of view, has anybody rec. unsolicited advise from coworkers or friends? Did YOU enjoy it? :LOL:

REWahoo! said:
Laurence, what the heck have you been smoking, you loon!?

You may be a moderator, but you don't have any sort of recruitment quota to the wonderful world of FIRE.  To paraphrase C-T, let 'em eat cake keep working and funding SS.  ;)

ReWahoo: Laurence is doing his job as moderator. Unless you get with the program, and document at least 10 converts in the next 2 months, you may find yourself on a "work-plan" ;)

Nah, I agree with Cut-Throat. Golf courses are already too crowded.

By the way, saw your two jokes, good ones.
But why in the hell does that character walk around with loaves of wheat bread all the time.? ;)

Back
Top Bottom