Checking in

fireandearth

Dryer sheet wannabe
It's been almost 5 years since my introduction, so I wanted to give you all an update on my progress. If I can't brag anywhere else, at least I can brag here.

I paid off my student loans in about 5 years ago in January 2011. I'm still debt free and focused on FIRE. I've doubled my income, more than quadrupled my net worth, and I managed to save 60% of my income this year. I'm roughly 20% of the way to "my number" and making progress faster every year! :dance:

It finally feels like early retirement is really possible for me, and I'm hoping to retire when I'm 45 (10 years from now). I think that having a long-term goal contributes to my happiness a great deal and prevents me from aimlessly wandering around my life, wondering what I'm doing with it.

Thank you all for making your experience and perspectives available to us here!

It finally feels like early retirement is really possible for me, and I'm hoping to retire when I'm 45 (10 years from now). I think that having a long-term goal contributes to my happiness a great deal and prevents me from aimlessly wandering around my life, wondering what I'm doing with it.

Save that for retirement!

It sounds like you are making great progress. Just remember to have fun along the way!

It sounds like you are making great progress. Just remember to have fun along the way!

I'm doing great at that. I visited the Bahamas and the Cayman Islands this year, and I've been knitting up a storm. Good friends, healthy food, great job, and now the carefree single life! Doubling my income has come with significantly increased stress levels, but also a great deal of job satisfaction. They seem to mostly balance out.

That is good news! Well done.

Congratulations! Hopefully we'll be reading about retiring at 45 from you in a decade.

I think that having a long-term goal contributes to my happiness a great deal and prevents me from aimlessly wandering around my life, wondering what I'm doing with it.
!

Brag away! It's not bragging anyway. This is the place that understands and supports the effort toward that shared goal. I agree with what you said about having a goal to keep you on track.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom