Gave notice at Megacorp

Congratulations, Steve. I'm green with envy.

Now, top off the propane, check the tire pressure, pack her up and travel. Hopefully down this way so we can grab a great seafood dinner on the Gulf some day.

All the best.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
Congratulations, Steve. I'm green with envy.

Now, top off the propane, check the tire pressure, pack her up and travel. Hopefully down this way so we can grab a great seafood dinner on the Gulf some day.

All the best.

Thanks!

We will indeed take you up on your offer. But, not for a while. The MH is getting some work done by the factory (under warranty) and we won't see it back for a week or two. Our post retirement get away is going to have to wait. But, in the meantime, I can catch up on my sleep and get started on "summerizing" the yard so it won't get out of control while we are gone while we travel this summer.

SteveR,

I probably missed it, but did you get your cabin sold?

...and congrats, short-timer.

Congratulations!!!!!

I will probably be joining you later this year. Maybe as early as August. Have had three coworkers depart or retire over the last year and another is going on maternity this fall. No one has moved quickly to obtain and train replacements here either so I do not really want to stick around to handle more additional workload since I have an option.

Congrats again and enjoy

Bruce

Rich and Steve,

If I can horn in on the dinner plans, let me know.

I live a little bit North of Tampa. Could be the first annual West Central FL meet up.

John

bow-tie said:
SteveR,

I probably missed it, but did you get your cabin sold?

...and congrats, short-timer.

Thanks.

The cabin sold in mid-April so we are now free of it and able to better afford ER.

I am done! Elvis has left the building!

hijack is this forum's secret middle name.

Sheeeesh! Someone else didn't save up their dryer sheets and send in for:

'The Secret Decoder Ring.'

heh heh heh - ::)

genghis said:
HEY!!! How did SteveR hijack my topic:confused::confused:

Sorry about that. :-[

I can't remember a thread that went more than a page or two at the most before it was hijacked by somebody. Even the thread Virginia started for my ER day was hijacked so don't take it personally. There are a lot of folks here with some pretty strong personalities so hijacking is a way of life here.

So..........what is going on with you now?

No problem - I was just joking.

I've been reading this board long enough to know the last posting often times has very little to do with the original one!

Should I pay off my mortgage or just invest the difference :)

No problem - I was just joking.

I've been reading this board long enough to know the last posting often times has very little to do with the original one!

16 more days.........

The formal announcement to the org went out yesterday, it's been kind of weird. I sense some jealousy (or maybe it's indifference!). There are some people that want to throw me a party - I don't want a work party, but I agreed to a party away from work - with only the fun people invited!

I'm still trying to figure out if giving 5 weeks notice was the right thing to do - right now I feel good about it since it gave them time to start looking for my replacement - which they are doing (as opposed to SteveR's case) and it makes my job easier since alot of the pressures are off since people figure I don't give a damn (they're kind of right, but it's hard to totally not care!). But being a lame duck has it's own drawbacks (ask pres Bush) - but it beats the alternative!

BTW - I decided to pay off the mortgage.......

All good information that I will consider when it is my time.

LOL!
I also have a pension that I can start taking at 55.....or later - I wonder what is best........?

Right now, the plan is pension at 65, SS at 67

Unless I hear some compelling reasons to do otherwise........:)

Back
Top Bottom