Long time lurker looking for advice!

MD,

Again, you're doing just fine for your age. You don't need to apologize for having a good investment opportunity yielding 11%. There are plenty of corporate and private finance deals that yield as much or more, and if you've found such an opportunity, good for you. Don't give the naysayers too much thought. There's no problem with having a slightly riskier component. Just diversify and you'll be fine. brewer12345 has it right -- at your age, you've got plenty of time to fine-tune your portfolio before reaching ER.

I find the sarcasm unsolicited, and frankly, a bit offensive.
Well said, MiamiDave. New members like you are the lifeline of any forum, and there are people here who need to remind themselves of that fact. Having a high post count isn't a license to be offensive.

Having a high post count isn't a license to be offensive.

Looks to me like MiamiDave got a lot of detailed and specific feedback and no obvious offensiveness.

But what should one expect when half of all written communications is taken the wrong way?

So in your opinion, a favorable community contribution is making claims not based on available evidence just to stir the pot?

I find nothing offensive regarding Nord’s advice, in fact, it is a sound advice and I believe Dave will benefit from it. Do let us know if that 12% invest does go belly up or not so we can all learn.

Back
Top Bottom