My %*@&@ boss

soupcxan

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, my boss decided to cancel my trip to japan two days before I was supposed to leave. No big deal...it was only the one bright spot of this whole stupid 6 month assignment. The reason? "We have too much work to do here." Now, I could understand if something big had caught us by surprise, or if the CFO had suddenly asked us to prepare something unexpected. But the work we have to do here is the same work we've known about for 3 months (or more). Nothing has changed. And even if we were in such dire straits, is my prescense really going to save us (as the most junior employee, less than a year out of school and only 2 months on the job)? Really. So the fire drill begins again.

He says we'll reschedule for June but I have no doubt that we'll be too "busy" again then.

Idiot managers...just another reason to keep on working towards FI.

Gee, I'm sorry ...

Hmmm.... maybe some grousing from the senior staff about you getting the "perk"? Or maybe the travel budget got frozen (happens around here a lot)....

It would be easier to accept if one of those reasons applied...but I pitched to the CFO and he personally approved it (because he wants this project done). As for travel budgets being frozen, that hasn't happened, and it wouldn't matter because the money is already spent (I'll have a LARGE credit with Delta to use in the next year on an international flight, or it expires worthless). Oh well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom