My Wife's Retirement Party

laurence

Moderator Emeritus
So after ten years with the company, DW will have her last day tomorrow. Today was the retirement party - she packed the auditorium! The execs and all her former co-workers (she worked in three departments, R&D, clinical trials, and regulatory affairs) put the crowd in the low hundreds, whoa!

I'm not sure if when the day comes for me I'll enjoy it, but she sure did, got misty, too. But she isn't fully retiring, she got a consulting agreement with her company (not too shabby of an hourly rate!) and has had two other departments inquire and two other companies contact her as well. So now it will be a balancing act, getting things set up right at home (Thanks CFB for the tips!) and making sure she doesn't take on too much. Still, working entirely from home...I can only dream. At first we'll keep it to ten hours a week, but I'm telling you, if she can get 40 hours at this rate, I'll be looking to find something to work from home on, too, and we'll cover the health care ourselves! I'm going to see if I can get her to sign on here now, so she can post in the "life after fire" category.. :D

Laurence said:
I'm going to see if I can get her to sign on here now, so she can post in the "life after fire" category.. :D

Careful Laurence. You know the story of our other DH & DW posting team. She gives outstanding advice and counsel to the forum and he hides under a bed in the basement, lapses into bouts of writing bodice-ripper posts, sings the praises of investing in precious metals, and occasionally engages CFB in semi-debates. Seeing what it did to Greg, are you sure having your DW join us is worth the risk?

But do pass along to her my sincere congratulations on going out early and obviously in fine style.

Hey best wishes to you and the fam. I am sure Tori will enjoy having your DW around more often. You know a funny thing could happen. Aside from chasing Tori around she may experience what ER would be like and several months down the road she may be begging you to get out of the cube ASAP. Stranger things have happened.

Ed_The_Gypsy said:
They will be holding my retirement party after I am gone.  And they won't invite me.
The ideal retirement party:
"Has anybody seen Ed?  He still owes me the answers on those project questions I e-mailed him, and my e-mail bounced because his account is full.  I'm still waiting for his quarterly reports, too.  What happened to all the things he had in his cubicle?  And how come he hasn't cleaned out his IN box this month?"

Back
Top Bottom