Nice, if not earth-shattering

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My name is in the WSJ today. Second time that I know of. I think I am happier about today's mention than last time.

Maybe you have a future as a financial pundit?

brewer12345 said:
My name is in the WSJ today. Second time that I know of. I think I am happier about today's mention than last time.

Would that be because this time it wasn't followed by the words "...was indicted by a grand jury."? :D

"Bode Miller is the reigning world champion of skiing, the best American on the slope in decades and one of the best stories heading into next month's buzz-deprived winter Olympics in Turin, Italy. He also likes to drink, and to speak his mind."

I'm sure Bob Marley would have had a cure for the "buzz-deprived"...  :p

Congrats, Brewer!! I'm just a face on the cutting room floor...  :'(

() said:
"Bode Miller is the reigning world champion of skiing, the best American on the slope in decades and one of the best stories heading into next month's buzz-deprived winter Olympics in Turin, Italy. He also likes to drink, and to speak his mind."

Hahahahah! Nope, not a skier. Don't have the balance for it.

I'm in the list of new CFA charterholders they published today. Last time I was quoted about a study I wrote while I was working at a rating agency.

Well I looked in the Obit's and you weren't in there so that's a good thing.

Awwww, I thought you were the Mexican Coke smuggler Erik Carvallo on the front page (that's coca-cola not the other stuff).

bongo2 said:
Awwww, I thought you were the Mexican Coke smuggler Erik Carvallo on the front page (that's coca-cola not the other stuff). 

Actually, I am really Michelle Simmons, the 37 YO Pennsylvanian who went from living on the streets to owning her own home.

() said:
You KNOW thats going to stick, dont you?

Hell, why not. After all, dreads are SO Pennsylvania.

Believe it or not my name was in there 25 years ago. A manufacturing company I worked for filed chapter 11 and they made reference to the CFO(me) in the article.  :LOL:   No criminal problems just a company that tried to expand tooooo fast. I learned a lot about chapter 11 but it was also a very trying time.  :-\

DOG51 said:
Believe it or not my name was in there 25 years ago. A manufacturing company I worked for filed chapter 11 and they made reference to the CFO(me) in the article.

Didn't the WSJ reporter think it a bit odd that the compay CFO was "Mr. DOG51" :confused:

brewer12345 said:

Rasta Man is in the WSJ :confused: just kidding. I'd congratulate you, but I haven't read through the thread yet.

DOG51 said:
Believe it or not my name was in there 25 years ago. A manufacturing company I worked for filed chapter 11 and they made reference to the CFO(me) in the article.
DOG51 said:
Actually I was known as Dog26 back then. :D

Hmmmmm. Dog26 changed his name to DOG51 following Chapter 11. Smells fishy to me... :cool:

REWahoo! said:
Hmmmmm.  Dog26 changed his name to DOG51 following Chapter 11.  Smells fishy to me... :cool:
Actually I change my name every year just to cover tracks. I'll probably change it to DOG52 later this year.  ;)

DOG51 said:
Actually I change my name every year just to cover tracks. I'll probably change it to DOG52 later this year. ;)

Heh heh heh. Too late.

DOG52

() said:
Uh oh. Hope this isnt a trend.

Just had temporary loss of identity.

I'm ok now. :D

Formally DOG52

Congrats, Brewer!

Warhol said we all get our 15 minutes of fame, but I bet you'll be in the WSJ again and have a whole half an hour  :cool:

Who else has had a brush with Fame? I played Carnegie Hall...OK, so I was halfway back in the first violins...I was on stage, doggonit, playing Dvorak's New World Symphony. I hope I can remember that when I'm drooling on my walker in the Home for Wayward Investors. 

Back
Top Bottom