TickTock is back!

TickTock

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hello again.

After a 15-year absence from posting (I have been lurking since late 2022), I'm back. And I still recognize a few user names. :greetings10:

So DW and I have been LBYM, investing, rebalancing, and letting time/compounding work its magic. I am 56 and DW's age is classified.

DW took a package and retired from Megacorp late last year. It's completely up to her if she wants to return to the w*rkforce, but she doesn't have to. It's nice to have choices.

I am w*rking for an engineering firm. It's a lot lower-stress than my previous gig and I'm doing meaningful w*rk.

Hobby-wise, music is my main thing. I sing, play guitar, do a bit of live sound and recording.

Finance-wise, I've gotten into bonds vs. bond funds analysis. And while I really, really, really don't want to re-ignite that particular holy war, I think I have some useful insights - nothing earth-shattering, but perhaps a focus on a difference that has been noted but not yet (IMO) thoroughly explored. But that's a post for another forum, and I still need to wrap my head around it better before posting.

Rock on, ER folks!

Hey, we used to live in The Woodlands! Back in the mid 90's...

Welcome back! (great, now I have the theme from Welcome Back Kotter stuck in my brain!)

Welcome TickTock! Funny, I thought the thread was about the Chinese social media platform and was wondering when it had gone away....:LOL:

Welcome TickTock! Funny, I thought the thread was about the Chinese social media platform and was wondering when it had gone away....:LOL:

:LOL:

TikTok launched in 2017. Maybe I should sue for royalties... 1 cent every time a video is viewed... :cool:

Yeah, good luck suing the Chinese. Oh well.

I moved to The Woodlands in 1992. It now has 5 times the people and 10 times the traffic. I'm moving out next week.

We moved to The Woodlands in 1992 as well... one of the first parts of Cochran's Crossing that was built out. I was 28 and our first child was born up in Conroe.

Moved back to the northeast in 1994 due to some family members with health issues. I've been back to The Woodlands a couple times since and it's crazy different. So much bigger.

I have missed Randall's over the years - is it still a grocery chain?

We moved to The Woodlands in 1992 as well... one of the first parts of Cochran's Crossing that was built out. I was 28 and our first child was born up in Conroe.

Moved back to the northeast in 1994 due to some family members with health issues. I've been back to The Woodlands a couple times since and it's crazy different. So much bigger.

I have missed Randall's over the years - is it still a grocery chain?

I'm pretty sure all the Randall's are closed here now. I'm not sure about their stores in Houston, though. H.E.B. is big and has really taken over.

Back
Top Bottom