Q: Worst part of your j*b?

Brewer - have you thought about taking the trip and emailing your resignation letter then? I don't know how well the timing works

Another alternative is to do what my mother did, is to drop your letter of resignation on the bosses desk and go off on vacation for the two weeks. Or of course if your really mad get a copy of Take this Job and Shove it, and leave it with the letter.

Another alternative is to do what my mother did, is to drop your letter of resignation on the bosses desk and go off on vacation for the two weeks. Or of course if your really mad get a copy of Take this Job and Shove it, and leave it with the letter.

Or just take a dump in a paper bag, and leave that with a note attached that reads "Here's your **** back..."

Or just take a dump in a paper bag, and leave that with a note attached that reads "Here's your **** back..."

I was thinking more along the lines or leaving a few Annoy-a-trons behind or taking a dump in my desk drawer and breaking the key off in the lock.

BTW, at the current j*b (pre-12/14), besides getting up in the am, second worst part part is Sunday evenings like this one:(...

It's Sunday? Cool! Walking Dead is probably on the DVR. Thanks.

I decided to take all my vacation at the end of the year, so now I just have to make it to the end of 12/19.

I decided to take all my vacation at the end of the year, so now I just have to make it to the end of 12/19.

Hopefully it will be a very Merry Christmas! :dance:

Hopefully it will be a very Merry Christmas! :dance:

I think so. I am starting to feel like it is all a big coast from here. I figured out that I will have 26 more work days including my planned illness to avoid the pointless trip from hell next month, then I come back from a long vacation and quit. Everyone else I work with is on the road so I decided to work from home for the next couple of days without bothering to inform my superiors.

I think so. I am starting to feel like it is all a big coast from here. I figured out that I will have 26 more work days including my planned illness to avoid the pointless trip from hell next month, then I come back from a long vacation and quit. Everyone else I work with is on the road so I decided to work from home for the next couple of days without bothering to inform my superiors.

So...if you only have 26 more work days, and I'm assuming you're not going to jump to another job (at least right away), why stay?

If I were in a FIRE'able position, and only had 26 days left, I'd probably go ahead and leave. Assuming I didn't need some form of referral for another job, or something similar.

I think brewer is waiting for a pension to vest.

A severe episode of back pain would be a good reason not to travel.......

Being deposed. I'm in the middle of a day-long one right now.

I'm tired and annoyed, and I've still got 4 hours to go. *sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:
So...if you only have 26 more work days, and I'm assuming you're not going to jump to another job (at least right away), why stay?

If I were in a FIRE'able position, and only had 26 days left, I'd probably go ahead and leave. Assuming I didn't need some form of referral for another job, or something similar.

A few reasons. I vest in ~$45k of goodies on 12/7. Year end (but small) bonus gets paid out 12/15. If I make it to 1/2/14 I have a month of health insurance to play with while I get set up with the ACA, and there are only 4 work days between 12/15 and 1/2.

Being deposed. I'm in the middle of a day-long one right now.
I'm tired and annoyed, and I've still got 4 hours to go. *sigh*

Same thing happened to me twice this summer. Since I don't take w*rk seriously anymore, it was actually fun. Further, I actually did extremely well. Sadly, we will lose this case because plaintiff's scum feeding lawyer has us at a disadvantage. I wanted us to win because the case was baseless, was a waste of taxpayer's money, and I wholeheartedly believed--and still believe--plaintiff was lying, and knew he was lying. I do not like being associated with anything I believe to be illegal, unethical, or immoral. At least I won't have to testify at trial because I heard we are going to settle.

I was thinking more along the lines or leaving a few Annoy-a-trons behind or taking a dump in my desk drawer and breaking the key off in the lock.

One of our sites was closed a few years back and one of the employees did just that sans breaking off the key. Security had to document the incident and take photographs. Rumor is that when they're in a silly mood, out comes the photo for a good laugh all these years later.

They never did figure out who did it. It wasn't me, I promise :angel:

No really, it wasn't. :LOL:

Same thing happened to me twice this summer. Since I don't take w*rk seriously anymore, it was actually fun. Further, I actually did extremely well. Sadly, we will lose this case because plaintiff's scum feeding lawyer has us at a disadvantage. I wanted us to win because the case was baseless, was a waste of taxpayer's money, and I wholeheartedly believed--and still believe--plaintiff was lying, and knew he was lying. I do not like being associated with anything I believe to be illegal, unethical, or immoral. At least I won't have to testify at trial because I heard we are going to settle.

Well, it's over now, so I'm going to treat myself to some pizza and beer or something. I can't say that it was fun, but it wasn't as draining and demoralizing as my first deposition. This was my second. I knew more about how to handle myself this time, and so the lawyer couldn't get me on the ropes the way they did the first time. I was much more guarded in my answers, and I think I did pretty well overall.

Still, it's exhausting and annoying to be asked questions for 6 hours. I'm beat. Our lawyer said I did real well, though, so I guess there's that.

Hopefully, this was my very last deposition. I've been at this job for 16 years and only been deposed twice -- both in the past year.

Back
Top Bottom