SureFIRE go/no-go formula

FlogBlogger

Recycles dryer sheets
Not that I'm a great believer in numbers, but I found it interesting to apply weighted ratings to factors that affect my decision to retire, semi-retire, or continue working my full-time job. I took ten discriminators that affect my personal happiness (time with family, financial security, stress, challenging projects, physical fitness, ability to travel, etc) and weighted them 1 to 3. I then scored each of these with 0, half, or one point, against how achievable these are in either retirement/semi-retirement/full-time workplace.

After adding up the numbers, it seems I would be 150% as happy semi-retired than working full-time, and 233% as happy FIREd as working full-time.

Scientific? Yes. Applicable? Maybe. Revealing? Very...

I just use my Lucky Astrology Mood watch to judge the future.

This method is far superior to yours and it gets me the hot chicks.

I'll admit to using a decision matrix set up in a spreadsheet to make critically important long-term life decisions. Works for me and takes the emotional "idiotness" out of it.

http://8ball.ofb.net/

I had wondered if any 8-balls had tried to drink the fluid from one of these.

Unsurprisingly...yes.

A Note About the Blue Fluid

Although this report has previously referred to the blue fluid as "presumably harmless", there is some reason to believe that it is less than potable.

Two human subjects (including one of the authors) volunteered for a non-blind Type I safety trial of the blue fluid. The investigators initially believed the fluid to be water with dissolved dye. The trial subjects self-administered small doses of the fluid to their tongues. Trial subjects reported the following side-effects:

* Hideous taste (100%)
* Numbness of the application area (100%)
* Blue fingertips (100%)
* Headache (50%)

A follow-up study of the experimental subjects after 30 minutes revealed no additional long-term side-effects of blue fluid ingestion. The change in finger color appeared to be a permanent outcome, but involved no other morbidity. The numbness discontinued after a few minutes. However, the authors recommend that no further human trials begin without animal studies.

-----------------

Anyway, my question: What's the liquid inside a Magic Eight Ball? And if I drink it will I become powerful and all knowing too?

The liquid is mystical and magical in its properties, for within lie the secrets of the future. If you were to drink it, all would be known to you, and you would despair. For true knowledge of your future leaves you with no hope. So drink naught from the eight-ball. Ye be warned.

Back
Top Bottom