Twin City Bogleheads?

Marquette

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone else from here going to the twin city boglehead meeting this weekend?

Their blog if you're in the area and haven't checked it out
MN vanguard diehards

This will be our first time. We're bringing along a fellow frequenter of the diehards forums so we at least know one person there ;)

I was planning on going but I'm stuck working Saturday. I don't work weekends, either...

innova, sorry you couldn't make it. It was a pretty fun event; we'll be going in the future.

Here's the thread over at diehards for anyone interested:
Bogleheads :: View topic - minnesota mtg... mar-8 - updated with pictures

We missed Jeff's presentation on metrics (he puts together a 70 page report every year on his household and reviews it with his wife) as our table was busy with a discussion on planning future investments based on possible impacts of the various political candidates. Very interesting discussion... we went for at least 30 minutes and didn't mention a single candidate during the entire thing.

And, no matter the discussion, it always got turned towards asset allocation.

I mentioned this site and Bob Clyatt's book to one person interested in early retirement. Hopefully she makes it here.

Bogleheads is coming up again. July 26th. Anyone going? My wife and I and a co-worker will be there... looking forward to the discussions.

I think I'll try to go. It'll be interesting to get their takes on what to think of this current market (or just to reassure ourselves why we shouldn't all go to Vegas and blow our money).

I know its at noon on July 26. Do you know the location by any chance? I just emailed Jeff and Rebecca, too.

Here's from the email. Be sure to RSVP if you haven't (sounds like you have).

hello, boglehead folks:

welcome to the new folks on this list. we are thinking about next local meeting stuff... as posted here: Bogleheads :: View topic - minnesota - july mtg is july-26

-who: any interested bogleheads
-what: next mn get together
-where: woodbury, throwbacks on woodlane
-when: july-26, 12:00
-why: have some lunch, break out into subgroups to discuss various topics
-website: MN vanguard diehards MN-specific or main forum: Bogleheads Investing Advice and Info

Six hours away, too far for me.........:)

Back
Top Bottom