What is a (good) manager?

Take the blue pill and everything returns to before you knew all the "truth". Basically just hum along as ignorant as before.

Take the red pill and your off to make everything right with the new information you have.

I can't believe people haven't seen The Matrix movie.

-CC

CCdaCE said:
I can't believe people haven't seen The Matrix movie.
vvsinkvv seems to be 22, 23...he might've just started high school when the first Matrix was released!

=astro, who can't believe people haven't seen every Bogart movie, Godzilla, Spartacus... ;)

astromeria said:
=astro, who can't believe people haven't seen every Bogart movie, Godzilla, Spartacus... ;)

Actually, watching many pre-1940 Bogart movies is rather painful. He was often found in pretty awful flicks, mostly playing shady characters, before he hit the big time   8)

yeah, I sluffed (sloughed?) over that listing my actual faves, such as anything Bogie did with Bacall, even Dark Passage--I get flashbacks to the surgery scenes in DP from the scenes w/the Peter Stormare character in Minority Report. OK, so I'm a little bit of a old film geek. But too many of today's movies leave me cold. A friend recently showed us "The Italian Job" and "The Talented Mr Ripley" (in honor of ur Italian trip), and apart from some decent acting in the latter, the movies left me fidgety. And once the fight started in the boat in Ripley and I could foresee the rest, I left the room to reread Your Money or Your Life...which is kinda funny, now I think on it...

astromeria said:
vvsinkvv seems to be 22, 23...he might've just started high school when the first Matrix was released!

Yeah, didn't mean to come off as a such a "scoff" attitude. Just with all the marketing the movie seemed to have had...

-CC

CCdaCE said:
Yeah, didn't mean to come off as a such a "scoff" attitude. Just with all the marketing the movie seemed to have had...

-CC

no harm taken. I guess us are 'different folk' that don't overspend and underearn. I haven't been too 'up to date' with pop culture. Though i did see the 3rd one. I guess I'm not always into the newest latest and greatest.

I did watch the first 15 mins of it. It seems good. Theres alot of movies I havent seen that I should have.

You know... the "truth" is just information. Theres no 'right' or 'wrong'. As was stated, most people offered advice to 'not get too close.' I guess thats done. I guess someone always says... but this is different. We'll see. She is unlike no other, though she probably does not have mutual respect, value, understanding with me as I do her.

I am learning as I go. She is a great mentor. I don't know where I am going, but I will always have her fulfill as a mentor role. Anything beyong that I am taking a risk.

I'll update as this 'transition' for her to her new project continues.

Back
Top Bottom