Work Collapses Around Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not about whether the OP is "right" or "wrong". It is about treating other people as you would want to be treated yourself.
I expect people - friends and co-workers - to be forthright with me. I'm not going to mollycoddle someone just because they post on this board.

I cannot get over the arrogance he has regarding his importance in the workplace. There is one little item that seems to have been buried in all the verbiage. He attended a two hour meeting uninvited. That means he was away from his assigned duties for the duration of the meeting. Oh, and then he has to work overtime to get things done.

I would not be surprised at all if the sole purpose of the lunch meeting was damage control on the side of the business. I'd want to know how much of a problem an employee would present to the company. So while I may be having small talk at lunch and appear interested in your ideas, I'm figuring out how much damage you could cause and how I can mitigate it in the short term. The long term solution is obvious.

A younger person could be told to cut the crap. It's more difficult to do that with an older person, especially one who feels entitled.

Three months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom