Anyone Else Have Problem w/ Slow Forum

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Every once in a while, it seems like the forum gets very slow (or doesn't move at all) . If I click on something nothing happens. If I go to any other web page, it works fine and if I come back to ER, the same thing happens. It is only occasional and lasts for some minutes but there seems to be a distinct difference w/ everything else.

Same, periodically.

No issues here. Maybe too many ads.

fwiw, no delays here, fastest site I can think of actually

It happens to me occasionally but not recently. When it does happen it seem to clear up in a few minutes.

Yes, happens pretty often. Seems to just lock up for a bit. Never seems to last long, but noticeable.

Rare for me too. I just assume there’s some admin function going on when it does happen, never lasts more than a few minutes that I recall.

It happens quite a bit with me, but I put it down to accessing it in the morning here, which is 6 hours ahead of CST. (I don't know where the server is located).

Interesting to hear that others experience similar issues during "office hours".

Happened to me as well - page took about 15 seconds to load. I checked if internet was down (Not), other sites loaded promptly which leads me to believe that the problem was with ER

page took about 15 seconds to load. I checked if internet was down (Not), other sites loaded promptly which leads me to believe that the problem was with ER

Yep, I get the same results about once a month or so. I am using an ad blocker so I don't think it's related to advertisements. The page just fails to load. Thankfully it usually clears up in a few minutes and works fine when I come back to visit later.

It's appeared slow intermediatly,I'd thought it was my internet connection but other sites seem unaffected..

This happens to me, but not frequently, almost always early in the morning when I first post. It goes away after a few minutes.

Something similar happens with other websites as well, and a couple stop loading altogether. Bloomberg News is like this. They still load normally on other devices, but not on my tablet, and if I clear cache the problem goes away.

I am sure the Administrators are on top of this and are aware of this - there are flaws in the vbulletin software that this forum is running on. Apparently hackers are exploiting this vulnerability to take control of servers:

"Attackers are mass-exploiting an anonymously disclosed vulnerability that makes it possible to take control of servers running vBulletin, one of the Internet’s most popular applications for website comments."

https://arstechnica.com/information...-attacks-against-high-severity-vbulletin-bug/

I happens every great long while to me too but not long enough or often enough to complain about. I'll open a new window and load another site to see if it's me or something else. 99.9% of the time it's something else.

I figured it out. Something happens on the server, and then something happens on the internet. I didn't touch anything, I swear.
:rolleyes:

It is something that seems to happen more often early in the day. Maybe it is a period of time since you've been active. The security module gets handed a request from the ratz-en-frass module to re-validate your login. Security module is asleep at the wheel, wakes up, stumbles on its way to the coffee pot, and you can figure out the rest.
:LOL:

Interesting. After posting above, I went to Subscribed Threads, read, and posted in another thread.
Then went to New Posts, had a 15-30 second delay, followed by everything loading as expected.
It happened about 06:20 EST.

The common theme I find to this is it happening early morning Eastern time. Usually right around the time target2019 pointed out.

Interesting. After posting above, I went to Subscribed Threads, read, and posted in another thread.
Then went to New Posts, had a 15-30 second delay, followed by everything loading as expected.
It happened about 06:20 EST.

After saying no problems the other day, I am having all kinds of issues today after 6:15 am today.

Back
Top Bottom