Hey Forum Admin, Need Your Help!

BOBOT

Recycles dryer sheets
Since joining a couple weeks ago I've posted a few times from my work computer.
When I later logged in at home I got a message that I am prohibited from posting because the IP address indicates that I am on the "abusive poster" list, or something like that.
What have I done? How do I undo it? I'm innocent! (unl;ess I did something while sleepwalking :-\).

Thanks for your help - if you want to answer by e-mail tell me how to do it.

I've sent an e-mail to Bobot.

For everyone else (and Bobot when he can read the board again):

As it's been explained to me, occasionally the E-R.org ISP accidentally "turns on" a list of banned IP addresses.  This seems to happen during upgrades or bug fixes, and then Dory has to turn off the list or edit it to allow the affected IP addresses.

Us moderators don't have the power to change these settings but the Admins do.  If you can't get on the board at all you could also e-mail a moderator (for example, my e-mail address in my profile) or e-mail "Dory36 (...at...) early-retirement.org".  Your message should include the affected IP address and the error message that you're receiving when you try to access the board.

Of course to be able to send PMs & e-mails you'd either have to find another IP address to access the board for that info, or save those e-mail addresses somewhere else.

If you've been getting warnings from the moderators and then one day your login is greeted with a "banned" message, that's an entirely different problem.  If that should happen to then you'll also be provided an e-mail address for further discussion.

Back
Top Bottom