Image verification

perinova

Full time employment: Posting here.
It doesn't bother me. I just want to understand why there is an image verification to do a search?
Am I missing something about searches?

Can you elaborate? You should be able to search the forums with no hurdles (other than our marginal search tool). Unless we have a glitch, the image verification (called a captcha) is only seen when you are trying to register. Please post here if you are having a problem and try to be as specific as possible about the circumstance under which you see the image.

Are you logged in when you search? I don't get an image verification check when I do it.

Are you talking about the Search option near the top, between "New Posts" and "Quick Links", or somewhere else?

Here is image. It happens when not signed in only. Any good reason for that?

Attachments

• temp.PNG
    temp.PNG
    64.7 KB · Views: 5
I had trouble discerning the letters and numbers for the image verification when I was trying to search. I eventually had to login to skip the requirement for verification.

When you arent logged in, search requires a captcha to do any searching. I believe thats the default for vbulletin to prevent a DOS attack through constant unregistered search requests.

Back
Top Bottom