Mobile version of vBulletin

Rich_by_the_Bay

Moderator Emeritus
I recently was given a Blackberry at w*rk (interesting story, but I declined to use one for email until recently when the initiated a patient portal).

Does vBulletin support a text-only portal for cell phone/PDA browsers? It would be fun browsing the forum during boring meetings or while on the road.

Another option, DWs iphone receives this board just fine via its real web browser (Safari) when we are out & about.

Another option, DWs iphone receives this board just fine via its real web browser (Safari) when we are out & about.

You're making me jealous. My employer doesn't do iPhones because there is no mail-server back end to push corporate email through.

I have seen a few solutions, one of which was a whole new software that connects to the same database that is built just for small screens. The other is a "skin" to that will allow you a more streamlined interface to use when connecting via non-computer devices.

There are also different browsers for Blackberries. I don't use the AT&T browser that came with mine but the default browser that's available to all Blackberry owners. I set it to remove the images and not load javascript. It works quite well. Getting the browser tweaked to your liking is more important on these smaller screened and slower connected devices.

Back
Top Bottom