"Infraction System"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich_by_the_Bay

Moderator Emeritus
Infraction System for Rule Violations

With the recent upsurge in spam and inappropriate posting as well as the growth of the board, it has become cumbersome for the moderators to write separate, individualized notes and explanations to every user who violates the rules. It is also hard to track which mods have had contact with which users.

To make our jobs easier and improve tracking of repeat or severe offenders, we are implementing an "infraction system." Similar to traffic tickets, infractions might be given for rule violations advising the member of the issue. Depending on the nature and number of infractions, repeat offenders may have their access temporarily or permanently restricted. Basically 3 active points (older infractions will expire after 120 days so it's not indefinitely cumulative) will result in some type of restriction but there is plenty of room for individual consideration if there are extenuating circumstances.

This system is essentially an alternate means of doing what the mods do now. A couple of tips: since infractions expire after 120 days in most cases, so as long as a member remains within the rules, their rap sheet eventually goes away; only you and the moderators can view your individual infractions and points. We envision no substantial change in our current enforcement thresholds - this is not a "crack down" just a more streamlined way to operate.

The vast majority of users will never encounter this system and, for those who do, it is fairly self-explanatory. Each infraction (associated with points) or warning (no points) will include a personal note from the mod who sent it.

All claims regarding oppressive dictators, Nazi reactionaries, freedom of speech and similar concerns should be sent directly to Secretary-General@unitednations.org. Reasonable questions can be sent to any of the mods.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

The Mod Squad

Last edited by a moderator:
Restrictions on Restrictions

New Infraction System for Rule Violations

All claims regarding oppressive dictators, Nazi reactionaries, freedom of speech and similar concerns should be sent directly to Secretary-General@unitednations.org. Reasonable questions can be sent to any of the mods.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

The Mod Squad

I cannot believe I am the first to comment on the restrictions on the abuse of the moderators. I did write to that address and received a form letter telling me a bank account in my name was waiting for me in Nigeria. All I had to do was send a check so the international funds transfer could take place!

Hmmm . . . that wasn't quite what I expected.

-- Rita (almost retired -- 9 days to go!)

:D

Where are the rules located?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom