Odd warning text when quoting a post

Sojourner

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just recently I started noticing that whenever I use the "Quote" button to respond to a post in a thread, a text notification appears just below the large text box where I would type my reply. It reads "You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread. Quote this post as well, or deselect this post." The notification is incorrect, since it always appears when I have quoted a post in the current thread. This erroneous notification is being displayed every time I quote a post in any thread.

If I click the "Quote this post as well" link within the text notification, it adds a quote from a completely different thread that I responded to about a week ago.

Bug in the forum software, maybe?

Attachments

• erorg1.PNG
    erorg1.PNG
    28.4 KB · Views: 12
Not a bug. You probably inadvertently clicked the "Multi+" button on the post it is asking if you want to also quote. Click the "deselect this post" option and it will go away.

Interesting. I was getting that notification on every reply, whether I clicked the "Quote" or "Multi+" buttons. But I did a test of what you said and clicked the "deselect this post" link, and now the problem has gone away entirely. Seems like my account was stuck in some sort of mode where the software always thought I had selected another post from another thread, but now that I've "deselected" it, everything is back to normal. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom