Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Travel in Retirement

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Make money fast with no work and no brains

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

BigMoneyJim

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The old boards aren't going away. They will stay as they are, read-only.

But Dory36 is asking for ideas on setting up new boards to start new discussions. Many said we have too many boards. Which ones do you want to recreate for new discussions? Pick as many or as few as you want. Feel free to comment, too.

How about combining HELP, News, FAQ into "Admin"

"Hi, I am" to stay as is

Combine SWR, Tech forum, Costs of Retirement Life, and Investment strategies into "FIRE and Money"

Combine Lifestyles... and Travel... into Life after FIRE

Young Dreamers to stay as is

Combine "other topics", "You gotta see this", and "Make money fast" into "You gotta see this".

This gets us down to 6, and reduces (I think) most of the overlap.

Thoughts?

HELP (Make part of FAQ)
News and Announcements Introductions
Frequently Asked Questions
Hi, I am (make a subset of News and Introductions)
Safe Withdrawal Rates (This could be a subset of Technical and Calculators)
Technical Forum and Calculators
Costs of Retirement Life
Lifestyles in Retirement
Young Dreamers (Not relevant since we are all young dreamers)
Investment Strategies
You gotta see this... (Anything in this topis should fit one of the other topics)
Travel in Retirement
Make money fast with no work and no brains (Useless)
Other Topics (shouldn't this be the last topic?)

Good suggestion Dory - but take out the young dreamer board - that will fit fine under one of the 2 other FIRE boards. Cheers!

dory36 said:
How about combining HELP, News, FAQ into "Admin"

"Hi, I am" to stay as is

Combine SWR, Tech forum, Costs of Retirement Life, and Investment strategies into "FIRE and Money"

Combine Lifestyles... and Travel... into Life after FIRE

Young Dreamers to stay as is

Combine "other topics", "You gotta see this", and "Make money fast" into "You gotta see this".

This gets us down to 6, and reduces (I think) most of the overlap.

Thoughts?

I like the idea of 5-6 boards- dory's version or ben's modification sound fine

"Make money fast with no brains..." and "You gotta see this.." have some pretty funny stuff in there. I like funny stuff. Give us the characters a place to go.

Bum; but that would fit well under "others" - together with some political rants that is basically what "others" tend to consist of. Cheers!

How about just one board and call it "Aiyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" :)

Or no boards. We can all just check in, see who else is sitting there looking at the list of people logged in, and then go mow the lawn? :LOL:

Hi Ben,

I don't really care. I was just comfy with the old setup. These things have a way of assuming their own identity now matter how hard the organizers try.

Is is my imagination or did your avatar look better before? You're getting a little grainy aroung the gills and gun.

I don't much care either. I liked the way it was except for the FAQS section, which wasn't really all that much FAQS. The advantage of a fair number of topics was that a number of threads could go at once without getting lost.

Good Morning Martha!

BTW, What the heck is your anvatar? I'm sorry I dont get it. I've even tried to figure it out using a magnifying glass (peepers aint what they used to be).

BUM

BUM said:
Good Morning Martha!

BTW, What the heck is your anvatar? I'm sorry I dont get it. I've even tried to figure it out using a magnifying glass (peepers aint what they used to be).

BUM

My dog Judy with an orange peel on her head.

yeah seems my avatar has taken a beating in the upgrade.... will look at when time (something to do with the no of pixels/size allowed in the avatar had me reduce the original photo quality before - but now he looks like the starting scenes of Die another day!).
Cheers!

yeah seems my avatar has taken a beating in the upgrade....

You're just getting older  :D.  Maybe more sunblock is in order.

The fewer boards the better. Maybe about 6. My clicker finger could handle that.

arrete

Back
Top Bottom