Problem with page style

chinaco

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My pages are being displayed with a white background and is missing alot of formatting. Did you lose a style sheet or something?

And I got an overnight message indicating my account was frozen after 5 attempts to access it. Someone hacking away?

It's not just you. I have the white page style with most of the formatting lost, too. What happened? Guess I'm lucky - - at least nobody tried to hack my account.

Maybe this is a cyber version of the emperors new clothes?
The skin seems to have gone missing. I can't fix it, but it's been reported.

I wonder why there are so many software problems with this forum. I go to other forums and they don't have half the "quirks" that happen here.

I wonder why there are so many software problems with this forum. I go to other forums and they don't have half the "quirks" that happen here.

I agree, there have been an unusual number of glitches compared to other forums.

One of the reasons may be that efforts have been made to optimize the feature set, move data to more reliable servers, and the software has been "tampered with" often in order to create a better final product. That's a sure recipe for unveiling bugs and problems; the consolation is that once the growing pains are over, it should stabilize and we can enjoy more custom features than an "out-of-the-box" version.

One of the reasons may be that efforts have been made to optimize the feature set, move data to more reliable servers, and the software has been "tampered with" often in order to create a better final product.
You mean, better than things were when the board was on the servers Dory was using? Doesn't seem that way.

The issues arrived when the assimilation began. Instead of one board, with fairly heavy traffic but a relatively smaller database on older software, we seem to be part of a vast lumbering behemoth on creaky software that overwhelms any server farm's attempts to serve it.

That's a sure recipe for unveiling bugs and problems; the consolation is that once the growing pains are over, it should stabilize and we can enjoy more custom features than an "out-of-the-box" version.
I'm concerned that these aren't growing pains but rather a death rattle. And I'm dreading whatever it takes to "fix" the search engine (not that it seems to have been working in the first place)...

I'm concerned that these aren't growing pains but rather a death rattle. And I'm dreading whatever it takes to "fix" the search engine (not that it seems to have been working in the first place)...

Well, if this forum goes the way of the dodo, it will be a shame. But raddr's board will get a prolific new poster in me, if it comes to that.

My pages are being displayed with a white background and is missing alot of formatting.
Just caught this on CNN. There's apparently a worldwide shortage of pixels and rolling semi-pixelouts are occurring all over the web. If usage isn't cut back or new sources found, HD TV may disappear completely.

Sorry about that everyone. It's been a pain getting a few things to play nice together on the server. I think it's finally settled now though.

Thanks for fixing it. Much prettier this way!

Back
Top Bottom