Problems replying to posts in Firefox

Rambler

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I can't seem to reply to posts or create PMs in Firefox. I get an error message saying that "security tokens are missing".

I'm using an old version of Explorer (v6) to post this. For some reason megacorp wants us to stay on 6 for a few more months (proprietary software that uses Explorer I guess), but there are some websites that 6 will not work with, so I have downloaded Firefox and have tried posting PMs and replies, but get the above message.

Help??

R

I've been seeing the same thing the past few days.

I have discovered that if I hit the back button when I am on the "security tokens" page and then hit the "post reply" a second time that the reply goes through.

I'm on Firefox 3.6.2.

2Cor521

I tried another PM. was going to do what 2Cor said, but it went thru w/o the error message. Don't know what is/was going on.

R

Thanks guys, will try what 2Cor said. This one is from Explorer.

R

OK, so I tried replying to this thread with a quote, got the error message again, hit the back button, and then the submit button, and it worked...the one above this message.

R

I tried another PM. was going to do what 2Cor said, but it went thru w/o the error message. Don't know what is/was going on.

R

Most of the time the reply goes through the first time for me.

I think I have seen the "security tokens" screen maybe three or four times. Each of those times the workaround I suggested has worked for me.

I think I have only seen this issue since the security update that the mods mentioned -- maybe it was Tuesday or Wednesday of this past week?

2Cor521

I'm replying using version 3.6.2 of Firefox and haven't had any problems with PMs either.

Here's the standard stock fix for mysterious computer related browsing problems and I recommend you try...

Empty you temp internet files and delete your stored cookies. (note doing this will cause you to have log in to sites again later). Then restart your computer.

I think I have seen the "security tokens" screen maybe three or four times.

I have seen it on occasion. I eventually get through it, but I can't recall what I did. I know I didn't clear cookies or cache (though that is good general advice, and might very well fix this), think I just logged in/out.

If it comes up again, I'll make some notes. BTW, I try to remember to do a select-all, copy, before I post. At least I have it in the copy/paste buffer if something goes wonky.

-ERD50

Here's the standard stock fix for mysterious computer related browsing problems and I recommend you try...

Empty you temp internet files and delete your stored cookies. (note doing this will cause you to have log in to sites again later). Then restart your computer.

Being in the computer biz, I understand the reasoning behind this suggestion.

I would point out, however, that this problem is unique to this forum site and only began occurring in the last week or so. (At least that is my experience.)

The problem occurred before I updated to FF 3.6.2, so I doubt it's the browser.

2Cor521

I'm on Explorer right now (even though not at the office), but I will try the temp file/cookie purge next time to see if it works. My version of FF is also 3.6.2, just loaded it onto this PC about a week ago even though my home PC has had FF for a while.

thanks for the help.

R

Back
Top Bottom