Put my photo on a diet

Brat

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My pictures are too large to post.

How do I reduce the size of photos so that I can avoid using my personal album?

What software do you use to look at or edit or crop your photo on your computer? Use that software to resize the photo.

For example, in Windows XP, right click on the photo file, select "Open With", select "Microsoft Office Picture Manager". In that program, select "Picture" from the menubar, then "Resize".

If you use irfanview, then click on "Image", then "Resize".

Etc.

I can't crop photos enough to reduce it to forum uploadable bites, tried that in the past.

Resizing is not the same as cropping.  Be sure to look for RESIZE in your software and not CROP.

Also try to save in the JPG format which seems to do a good job compressing the file.

Brat,
I use ZoomBrowser which is the software that comes with Canon cameras.
I can choose Save As and there is an option to reduce the size of the picture to resave it. When I posted my photo last night, I first used the "save as" to get it as low as possible. It still wasn't quite small enough - about 75 whatevers. Cropping it got it the last little way down.

Of course the easiest thing if you know you want to post or e-mail is to set the resolution of your camera way down to start with - but not much help in dealing with existing files.

And my husband would never have taken the photo of his fish in low res!!

Back
Top Bottom