Quotes

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
I push the quote button but then my reply ends up in the quote box. What am I doing wrong ?

Moemg said:
I push the quote button but then my reply ends up in the quote box. What am I doing wrong ?
When you push the "Quote" button, the text you're qouting goes between two formatting strings that are inside [] square brackets: "quote" and "/quote".

The text that you're adding has to stay outside those strings and their brackets.

If you're quoting someone's text and commenting on it in two or more different places then it's probably easier to combine all your comments at the end of the quote.

If it'd be clearer to place your comments at each quote in the original text, though, then you hit the "Quote" button, select all the text (including the quote formatting), copy it, paste it as many times as needed, and then edit each chunk of the quoted text. However that gets pretty tedious...

Nords said:
If it'd be clearer to place your comments at each quote in the original text, though, then you hit the "Quote" button, select all the text (including the quote formatting), copy it, paste it as many times as needed, and then edit each chunk of the quoted text. However that gets pretty tedious...

Hi Nords. I'm just practicing this quote thing. You can see where I am by my number of posts.

dessert said:
Hi Nords. I'm just practicing this quote thing.

This is what Nord's meant when he suggested copying the whole quote and then editing it down. I cut the last sentence out above -- the next part follows:

dessert said:
You can see where I am by my number of posts.
And there is the last sentence.

Back
Top Bottom