Can you see total spending ranges?

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If I use "CPI" as the method to calculate inflation, is there any way I can see the ranges for just the total amount of spending for the entire retirement period? For example, if I enter a 30 year retirement, with an initial spending amount of $40 k, can I see the ranges of total amount spent during the 30 year retirement period? It would be great to see the total spending for each of the 30 year scenarios. I'm sure the data is in there somewhere and I may have to export to Excel and do some number crunching. Thanks.

If I use "CPI" as the method to calculate inflation, is there any way I can see the ranges for just the total amount of spending for the entire retirement period? For example, if I enter a 30 year retirement, with an initial spending amount of $40 k, can I see the ranges of total amount spent during the 30 year retirement period? It would be great to see the total spending for each of the 30 year scenarios. I'm sure the data is in there somewhere and I may have to export to Excel and do some number crunching. Thanks.
I do not recall this ever being discussed when Dory36 was still around. As you say, "the data is in there somewhere" but I'm not aware of any way to see it.

You could try this - enter $100 (or your $40,000 - I just used $100 as a basis) and ZERO portfolio/pension, etc. It seems to me that would show just the spending ranges for various 30 year CPI cycles. But I'm tired and ready for bed, so I may be way off. Play with it and see if it makes sense. You might get this from the spreadsheet, but I haven't looked. Here's a pic:

-ERD50

Attachments

• $100-spend-CPI.png
    $100-spend-CPI.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom